The Showcase > Vehicles & Models

My 5" Stirling Single

(1/3) > >>

simplyloco:
I bought this part built engine last year from Station Road Steam. It has given me much joy to complete it as it is a very simple thing, which suits me these days. I didn't do a build log as I already have one on the UK MECH site. The loco has passed shell and hydraulic tests.
David and I ran it yesterday under its own steam for the first time. I was only able to capture a few seconds of film before everything went pear shaped. I'll do a better video when we get it on the track, and I can start to look for a buyer... :o
The blower and regulator work perfectly, my own design drop grate drops as it should, and it goes like the clappers. There is a slight leak on the sight tube glass top joint, the injector doesn't pick up, and there is some water about the place...and that's about it! BTW the white paint lining pens arrived just now so I can line the cab, add transfers and it is finished!
I don't like this steaming business: it gets awfully dirty!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qpcXOJfegE&feature=youtu.be

Admiral_dk:
It looks fantastic and though I have seen the current video I will look forward to one with it on track  :cheers:

Per

simplyloco:
OK, the Stirling Single is finished,  so it's time to move onto the Stuart Major Beam Engine. I'll put the build thread on here as nobody on the Uk MECH site is remotely interested!I thought that a few on here would like to see the engine and tender and the scale display track it stands on. The 2k paint is sticking OK to the titanium boiler cladding, and the little period headlamps I made just finish it off nicely! I am undecided as to if and when it is gonna get steamed again as it seems a shame to risk it on a track...
John

crueby:
That is stunning work!  The base really sets it off as well.  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

cnr6400:
Beautiful locomotive, outstanding paintwork! Well done!    :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version