Supporting > Vehicles & Models

Chris's Mann Wagon Build

<< < (2/290) > >>

Dave Otto:
Looking forward to another interesting build!

Dave

pgp001:

--- Quote from: crueby on May 25, 2020, 05:53:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: pgp001 on May 25, 2020, 05:35:35 PM ---I am looking forward to watching progress on this one, having had a full size one many years ago.

Phil

--- End quote ---

Hope it brings back some good memories! As I recall, the one your family had went to Australia? I found some references to a couple there, at least one went back to England again.

--- End quote ---

I am not 100% sure, but I think the one we owned ended up in the Czech republic.

Phil

crueby:
And first swarf made! measured out and cut the copper tube for the boiler shell, smokebox shell, firetube, and the ring to hold the smokebox on. The ring will be cut through at the bottom so it can be expanded to fit over the smokebox/boiler shells. Also, dug out my super-high-tech fixtures for holding the shells on the mill for boring out the holes in the side. Yup, real high tech, blocks with semicircles cut out and threaded rod to clamp them together around the tube. The last boiler I did was a larger diameter, and I had cut out the semicircles to fit. For this one, cut some rings from wood and glued them back in, using the pipe as surfaces to clamp against while some wood glue sets....

crueby:

--- Quote from: pgp001 on May 25, 2020, 07:19:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: crueby on May 25, 2020, 05:53:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: pgp001 on May 25, 2020, 05:35:35 PM ---I am looking forward to watching progress on this one, having had a full size one many years ago.

Phil

--- End quote ---

Hope it brings back some good memories! As I recall, the one your family had went to Australia? I found some references to a couple there, at least one went back to England again.

--- End quote ---

I am not 100% sure, but I think the one we owned ended up in the Czech republic.

Phil

--- End quote ---
There is this listing for one that sounds like it, includes the conversion notes:
https://tractors.fandom.com/wiki/Mann_no._881
http://www.steamscenes.org.uk/engines/mann/wagon/881/pictures/
If you google Mann Steam Wagon Uncle Walt you can find more photos of it.

Kim:
No point in letting any grass grow under your feet, eh Chris? :)

Looking forward to a new build!  :popcorn: :popcorn:

Kim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version