Author Topic: Westbury Seal by Vixen  (Read 39646 times)

Offline cnr6400

Re: Westbury Seal by Vixen
« Reply #405 on: May 08, 2022, 01:04:14 PM »
If you have a shop nearby that services / deals small engines and chainsaws, weed trimmers etc you might ask them for a fuel tank from a scrapped engine. In the course of their work they likely scrap several engines a week due to wear, seizures, abuse by failure to add oil to gas/petrol etc. The fuel tanks and many other parts are still quite usable. Some shops strip machines and inventory the usable parts for spares or sale. Some will point you to a pile of scrap machines and say "help yourself" if you show up with a tray of coffees. The big website named after the South American river has weed trimmer tanks brand new for very little money also. I bought several over the past five years for different Homelite trimmers being fixed from that site for very little, and they were good quality. Just some thoughts. Good luck with the last million details.  :Lol: :cheers:
"I've cut that stock three times, and it's still too short!"

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #406 on: May 08, 2022, 02:15:34 PM »

Achim, one more question. Do you use the Mannol AG11 concentrate, straight out of the bottle; or do you pre-mix it, 50/50 with water?

Thanks again for all the help, advice and encouragement.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike, so far I have used the Mannol AG11 straight out of the bottle, no water mix.
Kind Regards
Achim

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #407 on: May 08, 2022, 03:00:56 PM »
Per, CNR, Achim,

Thanks for calling in.

I use the local garden machinery centre for spare parts, from time to time. Unfortunately, they have different ideas about the value of used or salvaged parts, a tray of coffees will get you nowhere. However, I have found and ordered a model aircraft fuel tank with the correct rubber inserts which are compatible with petrol (gas).

Achim, I guess I will also use the Mannol AG11 coolant straight out of the bottle.

Cheers

Mike

It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal