Author Topic: Stent Tool and Cutter Grinder  (Read 952 times)

Online Twizseven

Stent Tool and Cutter Grinder
« on: May 02, 2020, 10:56:05 PM »
Another item which has been lying in workshop for around 10 years is a second hand Stent Tool and Cutter Grinder.  I picked this up at the kit car show at Stoneleigh many years ago.  It has been used a couple of times but needs a bit of TLC.  The wheel guard was a bit of bent metal about 1.5" x 4" and there was also lot of play in the vertical adjustment.  I have seen a few of these whiuch have had some significant mods done to them.  I was going to change the vertical leadscrew till on dismantling it I found there was no bolt holding feed screw nut to the body.  All the threads felt good.  So I think a good clean and paint, some safety guards, complete the fixing of the column to the base properly, add some graduations to the non existant scales and sort out the tool and cutter holders and make some of the accessories for it.

Stripped it down this afternoon.  Gave all parts a good clean in the Parts Washer followed by the Ultrasonic cleaner, then bit of a polish on brightwork.  Possible a bit of paint on tomorrow unless weather is good and doing a bit of concreting  and slab laying in the garden.

Colin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal