Supporting > Vehicles & Models

31/2" Tich

<< < (2/10) > >>

Firebird:
Hi Sam

I have a few bits of a Tich lurking in the rafters, another ebay purchase. I'll be following along with great interest  :popcorn:

Cheers

Rich

samc88:
Not done much tonight other than sort out my metal stock and marked out the hornblocks. Set up the clamp and the first hornblock in the slide and squared it off ready for milling to size tomorrow. Put it on the table and used a square off the lathe bed against one side of the flange to set it up.
Once I adjusted everything it milled quite nicely for a small machine

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

GWRdriver:

--- Quote from: crueby on April 15, 2020, 09:53:34 PM ---Heres a question: What the swarf is a Tich?   :headscratch:

--- End quote ---

According to the former AJReevesLtd, gleaned 20 years ago from their records of number of castings sets sold, the TICH is the single most-built live steam locomotive in history.  The #2 engine, at over 10,000 sets sold, is probably the 1/4" scale 4-8-4 offered beginning in the 1930s by the Little Engine Co. of Lomita California.

These rankings represent the number of castings sets sold, not locomotives completed, which I'm sure is a considerably different number, especially that of the LE 4-8-4.

Harry
(Builder of a 2X TICH)

Firebird:
Hi

There is a 5'' Tich on ebay right now, some nice pictures

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-LBSC-Tich-Live-Steam-Locomotive/274239351273?hash=item3fd9f069e9:g:yiQAAOSwIYJeMtaH

Cheers

Rich

samc88:
More fun with hornblocks. First picture is how I set it up in the vertical slide against a square off the lathe bed and the second shows using the frame as a gauge for when it's a good tight fit, all fit nice and snug doing it this way I found and they all fit nicely.

Used the eyeball Mk. 1A to mark out the 6 holes in each hornblock and then drilled through these to mark the frames which were then drilled with a No. 41 drill and they all lined up nicely. Was getting a bit late to start hammering with the rivets so I've cut the rivets to length ready and cleaned and deburred everything ready for tomorrow. Once I've riveted these in place I'll machine the axle box to finished size so I can use them as a gauge for finishing the inside of the hornblocks

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version