Supporting > My Workshop

From Manual to CNC - Sherlines

<< < (2/58) > >>

Flyboy Jim:
Zee,

Here's a link to the better Y Axis lock I was mentioning some time back: https://sherline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/tip_028.pdf It works great and would be a great project to test out your new machines.

Here's a video about the same thing:
Jim

crueby:

--- Quote from: Flyboy Jim on February 08, 2020, 11:52:23 PM ---Zee,

Here's a link to the better Y Axis lock I was mentioning some time back: https://sherline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/tip_028.pdf It works great and would be a great project to test out your new machines.

Here's a video about the same thing:
Jim

--- End quote ---
Seconded, I put one of those on my mill a while back, works great. Just have to remember to loosen it again when done with a position.

zeeprogrammer:
Thanks!

You guys are going to get a lot of questions from me.

I (tried to) install the QCTP I got from LMS. I say 'tried' in the sense that I don't know if I got it right.
The instructions indicated I should use the short set screw and leave off the original base.
But that combination set the cutting tool too low regardless of adjustment.

I used the longer set screw and put the original base back in. Now I can adjust the cutting tool against the center line.
Only thing is...now the big nut on top that holds the QCTP to the table doesn't fully engage. There's about 2 threads (maybe 3) shy from the bolt to the top of the nut.
I feel like I'm asking for trouble.
But I just started playing.  ;D So there are possibilities I haven't tried yet.

Kim:
Looks like a whole pile of fun there, Zee!  ;D  :popcorn:

I'm looking forward to following along with your learnings.  I'm not ready to go CNC yet, but who knows, I may want to someday.  And it's sure fun to watch and learn! :)

Kim

crueby:
The hieght of the holder on the qctp depends a lot on which tools you ate using. On mine I added a ali plate under the post to let me put another t nut out the side to prevent twisting with long boring bars. Had the side effect of raising the whole thing, which helped you issue too. Another quick fix is a bit of bar under the tool inside the holder. Too many combos of tool thicknesses and cutter tip positions to have aftermarket add-ons work everywhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version