Engines > Restoration of Model Engines

Westbury's prototype for his Heinrici engine

(1/17) > >>

Jo:
During a visit to my Supplier I mentioned that of late I have been building a number of Stirling engines but to date had not built a Heinrici did he have any castings for one :naughty: The answer came back no but he did have Westbury's original prototype for the one he published in ME back in the 1940's   8)

When my Supplier first acquired the engine from Mr Westbury's daughter it was in a sad condition and rusty  :'( He had cleaned it up to remove the rust but it had not actually put it back together again :slap: So I have confiscated it so that I can put it back together and see if I can get it running.

There are also a pair of spare flywheel castings that I need to decide if it should have two flywheels or stick with just the one  :thinking: And then it will need to be compared with the engine Mr Westbury published in ME all those years ago under the pseudo name "Artificer". I don't think this engine was ever drawn up.

Jo

Alyn Foundry:
Very nice Jo.

Wasn't this followed up by Reeves and sold as a kit?

I too have all the patterns and rights to produce a water cooled version of this engine, and....

A very nice cast Iron platform for it to sit upon.

You'll probably find that the second flywheel is needed to get it running properly, it'll be nice to see the
" skipping man " in action!!   ;)

Cheers Graham.

Jasonb:
I'll have to go and see if I have those MEs now.

have a feeling I saw some Heinrici castings on ebay within the last week it he who must be obeyed wants an extra Xmas pressie

Jo:

Hi Graham,

I believe so but this is a very much smaller engine than the one Reeves sell this one is about 9" tall where as the Reeves on is nearly 2ft tall. It is rather sweet  ;D

--- Quote from: Jasonb on December 18, 2019, 04:43:13 PM ---I'll have to go and see if I have those MEs now.

have a feeling I saw some Heinrici castings on ebay within the last week it he who must be obeyed wants an extra Xmas pressie

--- End quote ---

The article was in volume 83 towards the end of the year..

Was that what he was up to?  :noidea:

Jo

Jasonb:
Are you going to make the fountain to go with it, would look nice in the conservatory :LittleDevil:

Think I may have that volume.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

[0] Board index