Supporting > My Workshop

Getting shop together

<< < (2/6) > >>

Shiroth:

--- Quote from: Mike R on November 23, 2019, 01:35:58 AM ---I just noticed this thread.  Nice score.  I can tell just from the 13-34 markings and headstock that they are Standard Modern lathes.  Nice machines - I have one myself.  I don't have the taper attachments :(

You should be more than happy for the price you paid - that was a steal!

Mike

--- End quote ---

Yes, they are Standard Modern lathes, both are metric as well. I will have to make some new gears for them so I will have the option for both metric or standard =)

unfortunately I did not get any steady rests with them, but they are easy enough to make

I did have intentions of selling the smaller one when I bought it, but I am having second thoughts about selling it now

The lot of them came up along with other complete machines, somewhere around 17 lathes and 12 milling machines, along with 2 pantograph machines that my old man got for free.
there was only 3 lathes and 1 milling machine in pieces, and for the price, I couldn't turn it down =)

Shiroth:
Small update.

Got both lathes upwards of 90% assembled. discovered that a few parts may have been left behind, but enough to fully complete 1 of them. missing 3 gears and a few minor other things.

The Bridgeport is going together nicely, with a few snags of course, the bolts holding the tilt gear on were sheered off, requiring minor surgery, 2 handles are missing and I have to do a motor swap as I don't have 575 in the garage.

awake:
Definitely a steal - I'm jealous! And having to assemble it all just means you will know the machines inside and out.

You may already be aware of H&W Machine Repair, but if not - these folks are a superb resource for anything related to Bridgeports. They will do a repair for you, of course, but they also can supply you with pretty much any part you need. And best of all, they seem perfectly happy to chat over the phone to help you with any problems you may encounter. After buying from them and consulting with them in the course of rebuilding my vari-speed BP a couple of years ago, I cannot say enough good things about them.

Here's the link - not obvious from their name: https://www.machinerypartsdepot.com

No affiliation other than a highly satisfied customer!

Shiroth:

--- Quote from: awake on December 01, 2019, 03:41:39 PM ---Definitely a steal - I'm jealous! And having to assemble it all just means you will know the machines inside and out.

You may already be aware of H&W Machine Repair, but if not - these folks are a superb resource for anything related to Bridgeports. They will do a repair for you, of course, but they also can supply you with pretty much any part you need. And best of all, they seem perfectly happy to chat over the phone to help you with any problems you may encounter. After buying from them and consulting with them in the course of rebuilding my vari-speed BP a couple of years ago, I cannot say enough good things about them.

Here's the link - not obvious from their name: https://www.machinerypartsdepot.com

No affiliation other than a highly satisfied customer!

--- End quote ---

I did not know of H&W Machine Repair, but I will save the link. =) Thanks for the info

Roger B:
That looks to be a good workshop when they are all assembled   :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version