Engines > From Kits/Castings

Hick Crank Overhead engine

<< < (12/14) > >>

Kim:
Neat! That's a pretty ingenious way to make the slope on the cotter pins.  I like that!
Kim

Jo:
That looks good  :) ... I hope the red stuff on it is not blood  :paranoia:

I also call that type of bearings Brasses.

Jo

P.S  If you need to cut a thinner slot than you feel safe doing with a slot drill type milling cutter I found using a thin wood rough cutter from either side and joining with a needle file worked  ;)

AVTUR:

--- Quote from: Jo on December 22, 2021, 04:27:51 PM ---That looks good  :) ... I hope the red stuff on it is not blood  :paranoia:

I also call that type of bearings Brasses.

Jo

P.S  If you need to cut a thinner slot than you feel safe doing with a slot drill type milling cutter I found using a thin wood rough cutter from either side and joining with a needle file worked  ;)

--- End quote ---
With my present skills I am happy to try to cut narrower slots with a slot drill, until I start breaking cutters. I treat such items as disposables.

I will explain the "blood" in the next posting.

AVTUR

propforward:
It’s a fascinating build - I really enjoyed reading it. Some trials along the way but the engine looks marvellous.

steam guy willy:
Looking good and I see the drawings are in fractional Inches.  I think they were used before digital  became popular and was approached by using sharp pointed dividers with a deeply etched steel rule.! I do have a modern digital veneer that has fractions as well as metric and imperial scales ??!

Willy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version