Author Topic: Guildford 2019  (Read 4797 times)

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Re: Guildford 2019
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 09:59:04 PM »
I am still in too much pain from yesterday

I do hope that the frequency and length keeps decreasing - get well soon Jo.

Thank you for the pics - any change of a few comments about the people in the tents and the amazing models (I do recognize a few of the later) ....?... please.

Best wishes

Per

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 07:14:21 AM »
Thanks Per,

The three people in the tent are (from right to left) JasonB, Eric Offen (Muddled Engineer) and Mike Coles. Missing from the picture is Mike Tull (Vixen) who was at the time busy explaining his Jupiter to someone.

The engines on the board are Eric's reproduction vintage model aircraft engines. He has been known to run these at the shows  :)

The steam engines, Stirling engines and non aero engines are from mine and JasonB's stable of models. All of the builds are here on the forum.

The pair of model Bristol's and the Merc engine underway on the table are all Mike Tull's models.

The four completed aero engines on their running boards and the underway Gipsy Major belong to Mike Coles.

It is always interesting comparing the models of the two Mikes: Mike Coles engines are a bit agricultural in nature  ::) and Mike Tull's are to works drawings... but each of Mike Coles models are run about 20 times a day at the shows week in week out over the summer. Mike Tull doesn't throw his engines around like Mike Coles does his  :-X

Jo

P.S. Mike Coles tells me he has about 5 more Anzani casting sets left and after these there will be no more as his mate with the back garden foundry has given up  :wallbang: 

Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 07:36:08 PM »
One last picture from the show which was published by the Guildford club of Muddled Engineer guarding Mike Coles' engines.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal