Supporting > Boilers

US State Boiler Code

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dan Rowe:
Doug, good point the title of the document is less likely to change. I fixed the Texas link and will be checking them all as I watch tv. It has been a few years since I made any updates as this thread is from the old website which I now have to ask an Admin. to fix.

When I retired as a Marine Engineer my plan was to build boilers. I got about 1/4 of the way through the states when I realized that I would never be comfortable with the legal liability.

I still find the subject interesting and it is good to keep up boiler law on my home turf.

Cheers Dan

derekwarner:
Copy of the Australian Model Boiler Safety Codes and Regulations follow

We are fortunate that our States have formed and adopted a universal AMBSC Code that covers all States in Australia, so compliance in any State is valid on production of the individual boiler Certificate Card across any Border

Clear parallels can be noted between the AMBSC and the British Orange Book

Derek

steamboatmodel:
Thank you Derek,
I had bought copies of those, but someone borrowed them and has not returned them.
Gerald.

ChuckKey:

--- Quote from: Dan Rowe on April 17, 2019, 05:42:51 PM ---In the United States where I live the regulation of most types of boilers is at the State level. This means that there are 51 codes one for each State and one for the US Capitol.

--- End quote ---
long silence, then
slowly and quietly: "Jesus!"

MJM460:
Thank goodness we only have six states plus two territories!

And the guys in NSW have done a nice job of writing a code for model boilers so the authorities can just endorse it instead of getting involved.

MJM460

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version