Author Topic: Two Cylinder Engine  (Read 40016 times)

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
Re: Two Cylinder Engine
« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2021, 05:29:42 PM »
I am trying a new design of restraint with stop pins above and below the arm. The 10mm square blank was faced off in the ER25 chuck as that was on the lathe at the time.

It seems to work so now I need to tighten everything and fit some locknuts ready for the next trial  :)

Best regards

Roger

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #331 on: June 04, 2021, 01:50:10 AM »
Im still following along Roger. Great stuff, keep going.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2021, 06:32:27 PM »
Thank you Bob  :) I often feel like I am the strange kid doing his own thing in the corner, but in a way that is my life  ::)

The delivery valve is leaking under fuel pump pressure which I think may be a problem of the hardened pump element, there seem to be similar problems with the diesel. Maybe I will try an unhardened silver steel version. The earlier mild steel pumps did not have this problem  :thinking:

I gave it a try anyway. It did run but the stroke control system is still not good, more thinking required  :headscratch: In all the excitement I didn't notice that it was running out of (leaking out) fuel when I went to rev it up  :facepalm:

Best regards

Roger

Online Admiral_dk

• Sften - Denmark
« Reply #333 on: June 04, 2021, 09:51:01 PM »
I'm not completely sure that you are the strange one out in the corner Roger - but I will admit that you have taken on one of the hardest projects in the model world, and as you have mentioned before -these are prototypes to get a working concept -> the appearance do not matter .... and most other people would have given up long time ago  :praise2:

Offline Nobby Sideways

« Reply #334 on: June 07, 2021, 05:40:02 PM »
What an incredible build, it's taken me a while to get up to date!

Offline Don1966

• Morgan City, LA (Along the Gulf Coast)
« Reply #335 on: June 08, 2021, 04:56:09 AM »
 :Love:

:drinking-41:
Don

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #336 on: June 08, 2021, 05:14:43 PM »
Thank you all for your interest and support  :ThumbsUp:  :wine1:

I have been looking at the various problems and have some more things to try:

The leak past the pump element is due to the inlet port in the body being ~1mm too high and too deep so that the cone on the end of the tapping drill has broken through. This makes a fine O ring slicing cutting edge and also exposes the O ring. Solution; make a new body.

The leaking delivery valve can hopefully be fixed by lapping the flat part of the seating.

I think that the inertia of the long brass stroke adjuster rod is part of the problem. I will try a new linkage with a short light arm as on the horizontal engine.

As this is general fuel injection stuff I will post it on the fuel injection thread:

https://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,4906.315.html

Best regards

Roger