Engines > From Kits/Castings

Forest 1889 6 cyl Marine Engine

(1/10) > >>

maury:
Folks, there is a bit of a delay in the work on the Dickson. so I thought I'd spend a few days
working on a back burner design project I've been wanting to do for some time. I am really
fascinated by the work Fernand Forest did on pioneering internal combustion engines. As
some of you know, I scaled the 1888 4 cylinder marine engine and offered a casting kit of it
several years ago.  In "Les Bateaux Automobiles..." Fernand Forest describes a 6 cylinder
marine engine. That is my new design project.

So far, I have the basic outline for the lower part of the engine modeled. There are still many
details to be covered, but I wanted to find out how well I would be able to do with only a small
picture of the original drawings as shown in the book. Luckily, there is a front and side view with
part of the front view sectioned off. The drawing is clear enough for me to measure with a caliper
and scale the parts.Unfortunately, none of the dimensions are legible. I also have a picture of
the engine installed in a boat. Not a whole lot to work from. As best I know, there are no surviving
examples of this engine.

There are several pages of text associated with the engine in the book, but it's in french. If there
is someone out there who would be willing to translate those pages, I'd like the help.

maury

Admiral_dk:
If it is on the web - use Google to translate  :cheers:

kvom:
Email me the text and I'll translate. 

maury:
Guys, thanks for tuning in.
KVOM. thanks for the offer. There is no electronic copy that I know of, I can scan images of the pages and email them to you. If you are still interested, let me know.

THanks,
maury

kvom:
That's what I expected.  Send them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version