Engines > Your Own Design

Big stroke 55 cc one cylinder ICE

(1/22) > >>

AlexS:
Hello, this is my building log of first and own design combustion engine. For several months I am busy with building of the engine.

My goal is to make the engine block as solid as possible. So that is one of the reasons that it is big stroker. The engine should have the possibilities to be able to easily adjust.

The swept-volume is 55 cc, with a boring of 39 mm and 46 mm stroke. I want it to run at low to mid range. So let's say 750-3000 rpm.
Intake valve diameter 18 mm with a max lift of 4.5 mm, exhaust valve diameter 14 mm and a max lift of 3.5 mm.
One camshaft fitted two cams that are adjustable. The duration of the cams would be around 200 degrees, I have to go into this further.

I want to make most of the parts by myself. But given that this is my first engine, I also use existing components. Such as piston, valve springs and a spark plug.

Feel free to give comments!

AlexS:
First I had to turn a new flange to mount a four claw chuck for my lathe. With my current three-claw I can not turn large diameters of rod material.

AlexS:
Start building with some raw material. First part, crankshaft crank cheeks.

AlexS:
Cylinder head. I try to upload photos chronologically as possible, but as wel all of one part.

AlexS:
The diameter for the valve seat of the inlet has unfortunately been larger to 20 mm. Due to a measurement error (x-as movement). :-X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version