Author Topic: Stuart twin oscillator drawing problems  (Read 1908 times)

Offline AOG

Stuart twin oscillator drawing problems
« on: January 20, 2018, 08:23:23 PM »
Has anyone made a Stuart twin oscillator recently? I am studying the plans prior to building mine and I have discovered some discrepancies in the dimensioning of the plans. The one that is concerning me is the spacing between the air passages in the standard. The plans call for a spaceing of 9/32 of an inch. The problem is that the ports are on a 15/32 PCD with a 38 degree spacing. By my trig that makes the straight line spaceing at .153 (rounded) between the ports. 9/32 is .281. The holes aren’t going to intercect the passages. Anyone else run into issues getting the ports to connect to the passages ? If not what did you use for the spacing between the air passages?

Thanks

Tony

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: Stuart twin oscillator drawing problems
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 08:37:15 PM »
Put up a picture of that part of the plan then those who have not made it could see if there is an error or not

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
Don't worry I found the drawings on the net.

The two sets of holes will connect as can be seen on this quick sketch I did. They do not come directly in line with each other but there is sufficent overlap to allow air/steam to flow. The Oscillator I did over xmas is similar.

Offline AOG

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 08:49:59 PM »
Here is the section of the print in question.

Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal