Engines > From Plans

Bruce Macbeth Engine, European Version

<< < (2/137) > >>

Dave Otto:
Looks great Achim!

It will be fun to watch this one progress.

Dave

fumopuc:

--- Quote from: Dave Otto on October 30, 2017, 12:03:13 AM ---Looks great Achim!

It will be fun to watch this one progress.

Dave

--- End quote ---

Yes Dave, this would be a very nice project, but it will take some time to start it. Gears, valve springs and piston rings  are in the box already, but the time is missing and negotiations about postponed retirement are ongoing.

fumopuc:
Hi everybody,
not 2019 yet, but some more and intensive work preparation has started now.
I have learned the minimal usage of the Fusion360 CAM module a bit more and so my first programm are prepared for the CNC milling in the brass plates.
The brass plates are ordered and I am waiting for the delievry.
So some swarf will be shown, hopefully in a couple of days.
Until now I have made only some sample cuttings to confirm the settings with the brass and my available cutters.
To be sure that everything will work on my mini mill, I checked the CNC program already with a tooth stick in the collet and a "paper work piece" on the mill table.
It is confirmed now, that the tool-paths are in the available range of my mill. Also the work holding with its hight is confirmed.
Here the simulation of one side plate machining operation.
[youtube1]https://youtu.be/PxSXzEa3jy0[/youtube1]
Some funny pictures of the mill table with the dummy part and the dummy cutter.
Waiting for the postman now.

b.lindsey:
Getting close to some real swarf Achim. Hope the postman doesn't keep you waiting too long.

Bill

fumopuc:
Hi everybody,
we have got nearly 50 cm of fresh and wet snow but also a parcel with some brass plates in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version