Author Topic: Stirling Engine Rally, Broomy Hill, Hereford, Sunday 8th October  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Chipmaster

On Sunday 8th October the Stirling Engine Society will be holding its annual rally (indoors) at the Hereford Waterworks Museum, Broomy Hill, Hereford UK from 11.00 to 17.00.
It is one of the museum's 'In Steam' days.
http://www.waterworksmuseum.org.uk/
There are plenty of very interesting exhibits including a large triple expansion engine and the Hereford Model Engineering Society with an extensive track is next door, it is well worth a visit.
I'll be there running my model Heinrici, Rider Ericsson and an Alyn Foundry CHUK flame gulper. Please look me up if you come to the rally.
Andy

Offline Perry

Re: Stirling Engine Rally, Broomy Hill, Hereford, Sunday 8th October
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »
Please post some photos/ videos afterwards, if possible.

Offline Chipmaster

Re: Stirling Engine Rally, Broomy Hill, Hereford, Sunday 8th October
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 05:52:40 PM »
Hi Perry, unfortunately my 2006 Honda CRV car is out of action so I won't be able to go to Broomy Hill and take photos of the engines tomorrow - very frustrating after all the effort I put in to getting my engines ready. My wife said I could borrow her Mazda MX5 but its far too small.

When I was driving to a foundry on Friday the car started struggling as I drove up a gradient. I was thinking 'that's a very strong headwind today'  :Doh: I turned round and nursed the misfiring car home. Briefly, the engine has lost all compression on No 4 cylinder and may not be economical to repair.
So, I bought another car today but can't collect it 'til tomorrow. I'll examine / dismantle the top end of my Honda engine to see if I can fix and sell it.
Andy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal