CONWAY 0-4-0 3 1/2" GAUGE LOCO

<< < (247/255) > >>

Barneydog:
Told him whiskey would help!!

Julian.

Firebird:
Hi

Well its been a while hasn't it.

Conway is still sitting on the bench but sadly hasn't been touched for some time. She is 95% complete but has a few niggling teething problems. Julian now has a 20 meter length of track built so as soon as the weather improves a bit I shall get her round to his place and sort her out.

Similarly he has teething problems with his Simplex which will also be sorted out soon.

I have succumbed to this awful virus twice now which has knocked me back a bit but I am well and fit again so progress will be made soon I hope.

I have had some workshop time though tinkering with this and that and I have made a start on my second loco CHUB

Cheers

Rich

PS

I fancy having a go at a bell type whistle if anyone can point me in the direction of any plans that are available

cnr6400:
Good to see you here again Rich! Sorry to say I don't know of any bell whistle plans. Maybe LBSC did some years ago? I do have plans of a "deeper tone" one he published to give a less shrill sound than other small scale "peepers". It was intended for mounting between frames though.  :cheers:

PS some old Wilesco stationary models had a bell type whistle as I recall - if you can find one of them you could maybe duplicate it or scale it up. :shrug:

Firebird:
Hi

I'm trying to sort out a few running issues with Conway. It takes quite a while to fire her up on coal then cool down again. Recently there has been some discussions over the coal problem, or lack of it so I decided to look into gas firing.

This is my first trial. Basically 2 cheapo camping stoves have been butchered and mounted into a stainless steel frame which sits into the fire box

I can get her up to the working pressure of 80 psi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q3Nzj3L7GA

Much cleaner and ideal for testing

Cheers

Rich

Roger B:
Looks to be running well  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:  :wine1: The gas will be more controllable/consistent than coal. In do have to say that I am a fan of the real fuel for models so my IC engines will be expected to run on pump petrol or diesel with no additives, a challenge but hopefully possible  ::) if I made a steamer it would have to run on coal or wood.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version