Engines > From Plans

LMS Oscillator

(1/3) > >>

chucketn:
Well, it's a runner! I built the LMS Oscillating Engine.

http://littlemachineshop.com/Products/Drawings/2593OscillatingEngineAssembly.pdf

Not really complex, but it ran the first time I put air to it! Not pretty yet, but I plan to bling it up a bit.( This is the engine I asked about making a double acting, got ideas for that, too!) Spent the afternoon running it in and tweaking it. I think I'll decorate the base and upright with "engine turning".
I only have a very loud portable Hausfeld-Campbell portable air compressor, so the requsit video had to wait untill I finished a home brew adaptor to run it off of a computer tech's canned air supply.
Wow! Those cans of air don't last long!
I tried to make a video of the engine using the canned air, but it didn't come out well. I'll try again tomorrow.

Chuck

Edit to add pictures

Don1966:
Great job Chuck, there is nothing more satisfying like seeing your first runner. Keep up the good work.

Don

ReFlad:
Nice Job Chuck.  I'll bet you had a lot of fun building it.  Nothing like a runner on the first try!

Ronald

zeeprogrammer:
Nicely done!
Looking forward to seeing the video.

steamboatmodel:
A good start Chuck, If you are using canned air make sure of its contents. Some of the cans used are not air but butane. I found this out while using canned air from a air brush kit to test for leaks in a burner design. I spilled the cup of soapy water I had Ben using and rather than go upstairs to replace it I used a BBQ lighter flame. I almost had to go and change my pants when the "air leak" caught on fire. On looking at he can of propellant I did notice a very small notice that the product was flammable. Why don't you use a long hose on the compressor or let the pressure build up in the tank and then shut the compressor off.
Regards,
Gerald.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version