Author Topic: Pendleton, SC show, 2016  (Read 7789 times)

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
Re: Pendleton, SC show, 2016
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 11:45:46 PM »
Looks like a fun show.  Great pictures Bill, thanks for posting.
Kim

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 12:30:54 AM »
One more short video and my digital media for the day will be depleted. I think Kurt said me might add some pictures also though. This video is of Doug Kelley's Little Snow engine...which is 60% size of the original  Snow Model. Towards the end of the video you can see Doug's hand in the video which will give some idea of how much smaller this little guy is.

Bill

[youtube1]https://youtu.be/_X6OrN9hXg4[/youtube1]

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 01:13:46 AM »
Wow. Yeah, I'd noticed that engine in the slide show.
Very cool.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 01:20:15 AM »
Bill, Thanks for the pictures and videos; looks like there was a nice turnout of very nice models. I hope the show is able to continue and maybe grow a little in the future.

Dave

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 01:26:19 AM »
I hope it will too Dave, it pretty easy driving distance for me and the guys coming up from Atlanta as well. It was certainly a pleasure meeting Chuck. Seeing the larger Parsell & Weed that he brought along too certainly helped me clarify a few things on my smaller scale model so that was a plus.

Bill

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 08:08:06 AM »
Thanks for the photos bill, some nice models there and good to see an FM Eclispe hiding in there which I'm due to get a set of casting for :)

Offline kvom

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 04:12:40 PM »
Vanity video taken by my wife:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgcFqi5ZsxY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgcFqi5ZsxY</a>

Noisy 5 gal compressor!  I experimented to see if 20# CO2 tank would work (silently).  Has the pressure but not the volume, so that experiment failed.

Offline kvom

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 04:31:42 PM »
Here's another I liked:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxr2lyTNTN8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxr2lyTNTN8</a>

I was surprised that a boiler would be allowed at a show, but as the exhibitor said, pressure is only 15 PSI.  The little hypocycloid reduction gear has a 40:1 ratio.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »
Thanks Kurt, that is a great video of you and the Joy Valve engine. I suspect in a larger show setting the boiler might not have been allowed. Still it was an interesting display. Thanks for adding these.

Bill

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 06:41:33 PM »
Hi Bill, Kurt, thanks for the pictures and videos.
A nice runner this little Snow engine.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline RolandMM

• Curmudgeon
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 12:01:26 AM »
A Model Engine Show in Pendelton? Wonderful.  I noticed a mention of it last year and as I live 60 miles from Pendelton I planned to go and marked my calendar.

As the time got closer I checked the address and it didn't make sense.  No mention where it was in location to the Pendelton Roundup Stadium or Old Town, or even Rainbow Cafe.

Only then did I realize it was not the legendary Pendelton on the Oregon Trail but one far away.  Why don't you guys bring your show out here?  We need something like that.  I bet I could get Dave Otto to attend...

Bill, the pictures are beautiful and show good detail.  Thank you for posting them.

Marvin & I have had the prototype running with the full size engine but this is absolutely the first time two (2) of these models have been running together.

The fact someone could even build a set of engines is impressive, but there is much more to the story of these Kansas City Lightning Balanced Engines that needs to be told.

Chuck built these complex engines without plans.  At that time there were no plans, only my sketches and pictures.  The fact Chuck could build such exquisite models shows his amazing skill.  Chuck is now so knowledgeable about the Lightning I have him check Dave Otto's drawings.  I have built and studied model engines all my life and seen some nice models but these are outstandingly splendid.  Thank you for doing such a great job Chuck.

Roland
For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »
Thanks Roland. Yes this Pendleton is a bit more than 60 miles from you.  Hopefully the Portland, OR show will get cranked back up this year. Thanks for your work in bringing the model of this fine engine to life.

Bill

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 01:00:13 AM »
Professor,  sorry I just pulled in.  I've had more irons in the fire than a west Texas rancher at branding time.  The show looked really nice.  I see you found me a Red Wing to drool over  :ThumbsUp:. DOG said be sure and remind him next year,  this may work out to be a good weekend trip for him.  Heck, we might even get old Vern  to use it as a warm up show for the pro circuit  :lolb:. Tell everybody hey.

Cletus

Offline Larry

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 04:29:56 PM »
Bill,
Thanks for the great pictures. It was good visiting with you again. I wish the crowd had stayed a little longer. Traffic was terrible as we got back to Atlanta.

Larry

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2016, 05:17:50 PM »
I agree with you Larry, having more spectators would help that situation also. Having grown up in Atlanta and with family I still visit there, I know of the traffic. It was good to see you as well and I remain hopeful that this show will continue and grow larger.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal