Author Topic: Motore Glow da 5cc  (Read 14982 times)

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: Motore Glow da 5cc
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2015, 05:40:26 PM »
But as you now have a tapered collet that is HELD BY FRICTION rather than a cross pin holding the prop driver there is nothing to stop the prop complete with driver spinning loose.

Yes door and two windows wide open and only run in short bursts to let the air clear. Quite like the smell, brings back fond memories. The taste is a different matter altogether :ShakeHead:

I have never bothered with stripping and cleaning my glow engines after runs still have some that are 30years old from my days of buggies and helicopters that the internals are still fine on.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:43:47 PM by Jasonb »

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2015, 11:11:19 AM »
Hi Jason- just been right through your thread. Excellent work and a great outcome as usual  :ThumbsUp:

Though I've probably operated far more glows than diesels in my time I've as yet to make one - your result has me harbouring strange thoughts  :D Actually, I have drawn out another (5cc) diesel scaled from the Jena 2cc but it will be a while afore that materialises  ::)

That's a lovely bit of ali carving you've done and it looks and sounds really good though perhaps a tad rich. Nice consistent note though  :ThumbsUp:

Hope you are well

Regards - Ramon
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Thanks Ramon, still got to do something with the second crankcase so we are not quite finished here yet ;)

Interesting that you mention about it being a bit rich, On other glow engines that I have run you always seem to get an increase in revs as the needle is would in to lean the mix before it is starved but did not get it with this engine. May play with it some more but thought it may just be a quirk of the venruri design as I'm more used to engines with carbs?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:45:48 AM by Jasonb »

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2015, 07:20:33 PM »
Ah, a diesel as well Jason - very nice  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: How do they compare, prop for prop, running wise?

Re the running, diesels will always increase in revs as the needle is closed finally breaking into intermittent (high) revving before cutting out. Glows on the other hand tend to die off after they have peaked on the needle setting as the needle is closed further. This can be a bit confusing as it can sound as if it's running rich - further closure sees the engine just fading to a stop.

Glows can also take a fairly large intake hole diameter relative to diesels so it may be slightly restricted if a tad on the small side. If you've made it the same size as the diesel it could probably be opened quite a bit more

That's a nice pair of engines though, you've made a lovely job of them  - I'd be well pleased if they were mine. BTW I liked the way you approached the 'D' hole in the prop driver - nice  ;)

Now, before I get too many ideas and get carried away it's back to the plastic for just a wee bit longer  ;)

Regards - Ramon
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »
I only got round to reboring the glow cylinder and making the new piston a couple of weeks ago, still have the diesel to do another engine has been distracting me.

J

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2015, 09:25:38 PM »
Nice engine and a good trip for us watching  :pinkelephant:

Looking forward to the diesel  :wine1:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
Back