Author Topic: Topsy Turvy vertical hit and miss engine  (Read 2440 times)

Offline gbritnell

Topsy Turvy vertical hit and miss engine
« on: July 02, 2015, 06:41:24 PM »
I am thinning out my collection of engines and a gentleman had an interest in this engine but it needed a base and fuel tank. When I first built it from drawings published in HSM magazine many years ago I ran it with a portable fuel tank and ignition just to get it running. With the new base and tank made I got it running for only the second time.
The main frame and base are made from mild steel with a pressed in iron liner. The flywheel is iron and a lot of the small fittings are brass and stainless steel. It has a 1/4-32 spark plug and points, as I recall, from a small gas engine.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNUUy69tN84" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNUUy69tN84</a>
gbritnell
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Topsy Turvy vertical hit and miss engine
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »
That's a sweet little runner George. I remember when that was published...one of Phillip Duclos designs as I recall, and I am sure I have the original issues stored somewhere around here. I should dig them up but have enough projects on the list at the moment. Too many projects...too little time, etc. etc.  Anyway, thanks for sharing the video. The fellow that is interested in it will be getting a nice gem of an engine!!!

Bill

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Re: Topsy Turvy vertical hit and miss engine
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 09:05:14 PM »
Interesting engine and a good runner  :)

But I must admit that being a V-Strom owner myself (got the first one in Denmark) my eyes are rather distracted by the bright yellow colour and somewhat envious as black was the only option here ...  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal