Author Topic: CX601 Milling Machine  (Read 28533 times)

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Re: CX601 Milling Machine
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2021, 12:15:39 PM »
The one you're holding appears to be the Power Supply PCB for the Control PCB and the other one the Control PCB - just based on what I superficially can see .... That does NOT mean that they actually are each others match.

I would mail them a copy of that picture and ask for a bit more info.

Best wishes

Per

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2021, 03:59:29 PM »
So this is the electronics card being replaced. It wasn't the one at the rear of the control box, it was located on the inside/underside of the top of the control box. The new electronics card they sent me does match this one in the picture. according to the BusyBee technician, it should be pretty well a "plug and play" job, with no soldering required. These photos will be my record of what things looked like before I start pulling off wires and transferring them to the new card, one at a time.

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2021, 06:49:22 PM »
New board is installed, and still no cure. However, there is some good in this.--I now realize that I don't have to transport the entire mill to Toronto for Repairs. I only need to take the head with the motor on it. Am I disappointed?---Yes. Ah well, my hands and wrists are too buggered up with carpal tunnel to do much anyways. I've worked almost every day this winter on my mill and lathe, and if I have a few more days of downtime it isn't going to matter one way or the other.

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2021, 11:33:49 PM »
 I have taken the head completely off the machine and set it on my stool. It is very, very heavy, but nothing compared to the weight of the entire mill. Tomorrow I will probably bring in my cherry-picker hoist, move it from the stool to my two wheeled dolly, wheel it out to the garage and then lift it into my truck and take it to Toronto.

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2021, 02:01:35 PM »
The head is in Toronto. Very little problem in loading it into my truck and driving it down and unloading. Takes me 1 hour to go one way. They will repair it and then ship it up to the Barrie sales outlet which is only 3 km from my house. I got home, had a hand full off papers in one hand with instructions on how to find the shop in Toronto, had a rolled up tarp in the other hand, and stepped out of my truck. My driveway is solid ice and I felt both feet starting to go. I cursed as loudly as I could, held on to my papers and tarp, and ended up flat on my back like an old turtle that someone had flipped over on it's back. I folded into the fall as well as I could, and other than a moment of sheer terror as I was in freefall seemed to be unharmed. So there I was, laying on my back, wet from ar$hole to eyeballs, rather shocked to say the least. After deciding that the only think harmed seemed to be my dignity, I scrambled around on my hands and knees retrieving all of my paperwork (which by this time had blown underneath the truck). Went into my house told my good wife I had a "great trip", and spent the remainder of the day setting on the couch and reading.

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2021, 04:19:37 PM »
Wow!  Sorry to hear about your ordeal with the ice!  I've had that happen before... cracked the glass on my cell phone really good that time :(

But I'm very glad to hear you seemed to come out of it unscathed!  Sounded like a nice relaxing day was in order :)

Kim

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2021, 04:28:43 PM »
ouch!   Glad you came out of it okay.  If I had tried taking away their mill, my shop elves would have booby-trapped my driveway too!

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2021, 02:15:20 PM »
Today I got the phone call from BusyBee in Toronto. The holder for the glass fuse which is located on the underside of the control box had failed internally. The technician said that he has never seen that happen before. I had the fuse out and examined it while I was trouble shooting the mill myself, but the fuse was okay. The mill will be shipped back to me on Thursday. I personally am not doing very well, as I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists and very bad arthritis in my knees. I'm off to see the doctor in about an hour.---Brian

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2021, 02:48:39 PM »
Good Luck with the Doc Brian,  Hope there's a good outcome.    Best Wishes    Terry

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2021, 07:39:54 PM »
I hope that all your troubles will be cured. The wrists should be something that can be cured, as far as I know - either rest or an operation.

Nice to hear that Busy-Bee found the origin of the problem - so that one should be ticked off the list, in a not too distant future.

Best wishes

Per

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2021, 02:51:32 AM »
Brian,
I am glad to see they figured out the mill. A case of Murphy's Law perchance. I am glad to hear you were not injured in your fall. I have been having issues with my right hand, trigger finger on my middle finger. Seems I have arthritis in both of my thumbs. I have a brace for my right hand and a brace that holds the finger straight. The Dr. prescribed cortisone pills one day left on that I have to say the hand has been feeling very god for the last week. I hope things go well with the doctor.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »
An update on what is happening with the mill. I went over to BusyBee sales outlet today in Barrie and picked up the power head for my mill. (Toronto BusyBee ships it up to my local BusyBee with no charge to me.) They refunded $67 to me because the filter board they had originally sent me was not the problem. They put a new power cord on the mill and a new fuse holder. They charged me $15 for the new power cord and nothing for the new fuse holder. Two hours labour cost $100.00 I'm okay with this. It is a good milling machine and I am very happy with it. I used my cherry-picker engine hoist to unload it from my truck and onto my two wheel pallet truck, then maneuvered it from my garage into my office. It is extremely heavy. I may enlist the help of my younger son to get it off the pallet truck and back into position on the mill. My hands are bad with carpal tunnel syndrome right now, so I'm in no great rush.

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2021, 11:53:12 PM »
Brian,
Having your son help mount it in place sounds like a good idea. Glad to hear the mills woes are sorted out!
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2021, 12:53:01 AM »
Brian,
Having your son help mount it in place sounds like a good idea. Glad to hear the mills woes are sorted out!
Art
:ThumbsUp:

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2021, 04:09:13 PM »
Together again---All my tears have stopped falling---Okay, well, maybe we're not all country music fans. This morning, with the help of my cherry picker engine hoist and armed with absolute faith in myself, I put the head back on my mill.---And yes, I did actually plug it into power and turn it on just to make damned sure that it really did run before I put it back on the machine. I was going to get my younger son to come over and help me, but I'd really rather work alone, and he is out and about with his job every day and I am still concerned about catching Covid. I consider it rather miraculous that the mill quit working on almost the same day that my carpal tunnel syndrome rendered both hands rather useless. I've taken good advantage of the "downtime" that resulted from the mill breaking down, and my hands are doing much better now. I still have to tram the mill and fix a few wires in place, but it will be back in production by the end of today. In terms of money, it's cost me about $125 and a trip to Toronto, but neither is a big deal for me.---Brian Rupnow

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal