Supporting > Vehicles & Models

Burrell Single Crank Compound Traction Engines - 4" Scale

<< < (3/56) > >>

fumopuc:
Hi Andrew, you are showing us some impressive work.

Don1966:
Nice setup you have Andrew and very impressive work on those traction engines.

Don

jadge:
Thanks for the compliments. I'm always amazed at the speed with which other people knock out great looking work. It seems to take me ages to achieve anything; although I do keep having diversions into the engineering behind the design.  :D

Phil: The assembly hall is nothing compared to the weight of the machines in the workshop! Unusually the floors in my bungalow are concrete, so there shouldn't be a problem. The downside is that the central heating pipes are buried in the floor, so if I have a leak............. :(

Andrew

pgp001:
Andrew

I am following your build with interest as I have a set of drawings and castings waiting under the bench for a the 1½" version of the same engine.

Burrell's are in my blood so to speak, we used to own a full size engine called "Dalesman" a 6HP DCC 1912 road loco a few years ago.
At the same time we also had a 10HP Fowler road loco "Titan", but the Burrell was always my favourite on the road.

A friend of mine has 99% finished the restoration of a 6HP SCC Burrell which should be out this season.

Phil

jadge:
Phil: You're way ahead of me as you have owned and operated full size. I can always dream, although I have a covenant on my property banning the operation of traction engines.  >:(

A lottery win, that's what I need, not only a traction engine but a P51D Mustang too. A Spitfire would be good, but even a lottery win may not be enough for one!

I wasn't intending to do a build diary as such, but if people are interested I am happy to detail the design and machining of some of the more interesting parts.

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version