Author Topic: Hello from Wales  (Read 3356 times)

Offline Raggle

• Newtown, Montgomery, Powys mid-Wales
Hello from Wales
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »
Phew! What a week, or rather couple of days!

I feel there's something New Testament going on here. The dark force had threatened us and God was dead. Then on the third day ...

And I'm not religious.

I'm much the same as I was on the diseased site whose name we will not utter. Except a little older and more frail, but still in possession of my interest in engines. I may finish one some day ...

Small machinery; 2 Unimat DB/SLs, Taig lathe, a Super Adept and a 2-1/2" Exe roundbed lathe. Adept 1A shaper (hand powered) and Unimat1 (yes, the plastic one) which is to be handed on to my grandson when he is a little older.

I don't actually make much, most of the time I'm just playing.

I'm staggered by the turnout here. Looking at the members already signed up and knowing all the names. 75 members in 24? hours!

Ok, can I sit just there? Thanks, I'll try and behave.

Ray
All we're trying to do is combine a fuel and an oxidant in the combustion chamber and burn it in the hope of getting some useful thrust out of the back end. It's not rocket science.

Offline arnoldb

• Administrator
  • Windhoek, Namibia
Re: Hello from Wales
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:40:57 AM »
Welcome aboard Ray  :)

I hope you chose a good seat  ;)

Kind regards, Arnold
Building an engine takes Patience, Planning, Preparation and Machining.
Procrastination is nearly the same, but it precludes machining.
Thus, an engine will only be built once the procrastination stops and the machining begins!

Offline lazylathe

• Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:15:15 AM »
Welcome to the New Empire Ray!!

Andrew
A new place to hide my swarf!

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My photo website
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
I'm staggered by the turnout here. Looking at the members already signed up and knowing all the names. 75 members in 24? hours!

Me too, and doesn't it feel a little weird (in a good way, you understand) to be introducing ourselves to folks that we've known for ages on other forums.

But I'm sure that the great spirit will just grow and grow as we all sign up and post up!!

Tim
Measure with a Micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe. MI0TME

Offline Raggle

• Newtown, Montgomery, Powys mid-Wales
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »
It's like being in a film. You know, the one about a little man, with a wad but no brain, who buys a thriving pub and it burns down in 2-3 days

Screenplay, anyone?

Ray
All we're trying to do is combine a fuel and an oxidant in the combustion chamber and burn it in the hope of getting some useful thrust out of the back end. It's not rocket science.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal