Engines > From Kits/Castings

Half Scale Domestic "Stovepipe" Hit & Miss

<< < (2/2)

Jasonb:
The sheet metal water jacket is held on by an arrangement ofrods and brackets, these four brackets are supplied as a single casting and it took some time to get my head around what was shown on the drawing and the lump of bronze in my hand as they are all the same but different if you know what Imean!

First job was to tidy up the casting and machine a few of the straight lines

With some edges established the 3/16? holes were drilled and then the waste cut away, here are the parts along with the stainless steel rods

It was then a case of rounding over one set of ends

Followed by the others

A final bit of hand work had them all looking nice and readyfor a trial fit

The actual jacket is supplied ready cut and folded so it wasjust a case of drilling and forming the rivits and then shaping round asuitable former to get it round

There are two drip feed oilers, one for the piston and onefor the crank, therse followed drawing except I went for 1/8? smaller diameter glass tube.

J

b.lindsey:
Jason, I was watching this one on the other forum and am glad to see it continue here. Some amazing work you are doing on these  often irregularly shaped parts. I look forward to each new post.

Bill

steamer:
Hey Jason,

Outstanding work as can be expected by you :NotWorthy:

Are the drip feed oilers part of the plan set?

Nice set ups on those tough parts and nice save on that casting.   It doesn't show at all!

Dave

Jasonb:
Thanks for teh kind words Guys

Dave, yes the oilers are on the plan, I just reduced the OD of the two flanges by 1/8" to suit the smaller tube and substituted ME and BA threads.

J

Ian S C:
I was reading your bit about making the big end of the con rod, when I make them , I do it back to front, I drill them before I cut them off, which is quite handy if you are using aluminium, which is just a little difficult to solder! If it works it must be right. Perhaps.   Ian S C
    Just my idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version