Author Topic: Rocker covers  (Read 9335 times)

Offline lazylathe

• Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
Re: Rocker covers
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 11:42:17 PM »
Thats sweeeet!!! :ThumbsUp:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab_j4BYAUpw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab_j4BYAUpw</a>

Embedded it for you!

Andrew
A new place to hide my swarf!

Offline ref1ection

• Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »
Very neat idea there with the robot. Thank you for posting the video.

Ray
Indecision... the key to flexibility!

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 02:19:43 PM »
Derek

Those rocker cover racers look quite the treat. I guess they could be quite expensive if the builder was so inclined or dirt cheap and still stay within the rules. They don't necessarily have to look good to go fast.

Cheers  :cheers:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Deko

• Crewe, Cheshire, UK
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »
John, yes Ralph did manage an hour to show me how, though i will no doubt forget most of it when the next time comes. :toilet_claw:

Andrew,  Many thanks for that. :ThumbsUp:

Ray, My pleasure,but could not have done it without the help of Ralph,and Andrew. :help:

Don,  The most expensive bits were the electronics in the robot,which cost around ?35.00 alltogether. The rest of that one would have cost around ?10.00 including paint.  All the others would have cost a total of around ?10.00 each including paint. All the others were built for mates. :insane:

Cheers  Dek. :old:

Offline Deko

• Crewe, Cheshire, UK
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 10:21:23 AM »
Hi Folks
            Just a quick post to say that all the rocker covers will be racing at a classic car show at the "Elephant" pub, newcastle road, Shavington, post code CW2 5DZ., on sunday 16th september. Anyone local with nothing better to do, nip round to say hello, and have a good laugh. Easy to find me! i will be the scruffy one with the hairy face. :cheers:

Cheers Dek. :old:

Bogstandard

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »
Just a reminder that this event is on today, so anyone who wants an afternoon out with a little bit of fun and a few classic cars about to have a nose around.

I should also like to remind everyone that it is Dek's birthday today, and he is giving up the afternoon to be running his famous 'Rocker Racers' in aid of charity (I think).

So I would like to wish him all the best on reaching another milestone of 70'ish plus a bit. He did tell me the other day how old he was going to be, but my brain cell has forgotten.

John

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal