General Category > Oddball

Scratch built giant rc car

<< < (2/17) > >>

b.lindsey:
That is really some amazing work there Kevin. Beautifully machined parts too!!

Bill

V 45:
Again Kevein....GREAT WORK !! That will be pretty cool for your son to crash  :naughty: !! But by the looks of the construction he'll have a hard time doing it !!
  Dave

KB:

Thanks a lot everyone.

Yes it is a Honda clone. I believe Honda started producing these engines when they came out with the Cub or Passport. The most produced motorcycle scooter in history.
The one I have is a 70cc, 3speed auto. It came from a Chinese quad I was given. It needs a complete rebuild. (think disposable engines) I think up to 110cc uses the same crank-case.

I put a real Honda, 70cc, 3 speed, manual in this contraption;

--- Quote ---That will be pretty cool for your son to crash  :naughty: !! But by the looks of the construction he'll have a hard time doing it !!
--- End quote ---

I'm not too worried about the car, but whatever gets hit! I'm going to try and set-up a triple redundant fail-safe/ kill switch system. 2 electronic and one mechanical.
I should probably take out an insurance policy too. It will be about 4 feet long and weigh well over a hundred pounds.

Cheers!

Tennessee Whiskey:
Looks great Kevin. I love the "huge" RC stuff. Aircraft with 8' wing span and this kind of stuff.  Dave, this thread may need to be off limits to William. I'm waiting on a Wallaby 8)

Whiskey

smfr:
Wow, awesome stuff!

The front end looks a bit fragile. Any reason there aren't struts across the very front of the frame? Or did you just slice off the front for the rendering?

Simon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version