Author Topic: Hello from Minnesota, USA  (Read 1969 times)

Offline TerryWerm

• Jordan, MN - 6147 nice folks and one grouch!
Hello from Minnesota, USA
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:17:50 AM »
Greetings to all of the members. Some of you already know me from another place and another time, but even in that other forum I did not post very often. I spent most of my time reading and absorbing what I could, and from time to time would offer my experiences, ideas, and whatnot.

My long time interest has been steam power, primarily locomotives, but thanks to a few other individuals I have developed an interest in IC engines as well. So far my stable consists of three steamers, though two of them are in need of parts and repairs (they both date back to my high school days). Once I have my new basement shop area set up I can settle down to making a few more steamers and then try my hand with IC.

I obtained a Logan 210 lathe a few years ago, but have spent most of my time making special tools, and taking care of other projects that patiently awaited the arrival of the Logan. I've had a drill press for years, and just last year obtained a Keller 5HD power hacksaw. It's slower than a bandsaw, but it still beats the daylights out of using the good old "Armstrong" saw, especially when cutting heavy bar stock. Just today I brought home a Clausing 8520 mill in very good condition. I am in the process of dismantling it so that all of the parts can be cleaned, painted, and properly lubed, then reassembled in my basement shop area. Once it is in, I will be doing the same thing with the lathe. so that I will have a warm place to work during the long winters we have up here.

That's all for now.

Terry
----------------------------
Terry
Making chips when I can!

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Hello from Minnesota, USA
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 04:46:42 AM »
Terry

Welcome to Model Engine Maker Terry. I am sure that you will find some familiar friendly faces here and we look forward to your participation in the various forums. It is nice to hear that you have a new to you mill to play with. Keep the camera handy and perhaps you can give us a run down as you strip it down and move it inside. Definitely should be nice having the shop in the basement, especially in January.

Cheers  :)

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal