Author Topic: F-8E A Plastic Distraction  (Read 11216 times)

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
Re: F-8E A Plastic Distraction
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »
As usual impressive work Ramon  :praise2:

From a snotty flyboy  :Lol:

Vince

Offline metalmad

• Australia Skype - metalmad11
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 10:38:38 PM »
Hi Ramon
Words fail me buddy
I find myself restraining my immediate urge to go buy a kit
Wonderful!
Pete
A little bit every day, sometimes the same little bit

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 01:29:38 AM »
As always Ramon your work inspires me. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work of art.

Don

Offline Maryak

• Rest In Peace
  • Aldinga Beach South Australia
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 02:18:14 AM »
Ramon,

Not quite as beautiful as your model.  :NotWorthy:

An A4G Skyhawk approaching the catapult prior to launch. I spent a year as one of the Flight Deck Engineer Officers in HMAS Melbourne. Very interesting and at times a job with a large pucker factor.  :LittleAngel:

Best Regards
Bob

Если вы у Тетушки были яйца, она была бы Дядюшкой

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 12:55:06 PM »
Thanks for your appreciative comments guys. To begin with I was a bit concerned this might be the wrong thing to put up so I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

Bob - what an experience - I can well understand the pucker factor and have often wondered what it must be like to be the guy that gives that final signal to launch just feet away from something like the Crusader, Phantom or Tomcat et al  at full chat. I have an absolutely gorgeous model of an A4 that was built by the editor of Tamiya magazine Marcus Nichols. The only model I have ever bought it was just too much to resist. Finished in my all time favourite US colour scheme of gull grey over white it is beautifully finished and is a constant inspiration.

Despite what some may feel aircraft do get weathered and particularly so in theatre - only last night as the News covered Prince Harry in Afghanistan I couldn't help but notice the very grubby Chinook featured.

Techniques in weathering models have advanced tremendously as I'm sure Jason would confirm and it is that aspect that appeals to my creative side, but it has to be as authentic as modelling will allow and not just a figment of imagination - hence the constant working from photographs where ever possible. (Excellent figures BTW Jason, I have seen them before, very nice painting indeed - it is along time since I painted a figure - 1980? but when I saw them first - at the Model Engineer exhibition back in the late sixties at Seymour Hall - I was instantly smitten too)

Buy your kit Pete and break out the Mossie Ian - it makes for a refreshing change.

Regards - Ramon
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 08:34:14 PM »
This was sent to me today and may be of interest to those who like plane models

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=gn1qMYfFrro&feature=related 

J

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal