Author Topic: Another New Old Hobby Machinist  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Jack

Another New Old Hobby Machinist
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:15:51 PM »
I too am a transplant from that other board, I have been making model engines, steam, internal combustion, sterling, air wobblers and other projects, mini lathe, drill press, milling machine and even a little vise, for about 6 years now mostly to have something to do after my wife passed away and I couldn't sleep at night so I started to play in the basement shop with a 9x20 bench top lathe and well, the hobby has kinda gotten out of control.

I now have a Bridgeport mill, Grizzly Gunsmith 36" lathe, Harig surface grinder, Atlas shaper, mini mill CNC machine and a lot of tooling to go with it all.

I am currently building a half scale Ray Hasbrouck #10 steam engine and like a lot of other people I like to post photos and show off my work. I am a hobbyist not a machinist I am a retired printer. I do suffer from allergies most of all I am allergic to BS and I usually won't put up with it very long.

Thanks for providing me with a place to share my limited knowledge of how to do things that I have learned along the way and a way to show what I have been able to accomplish in my little hobby shop

Thanks Again  :-*

Jack

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Another New Old Hobby Machinist
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:40:50 PM »
Hi Jack

Welcome to Model Engine Maker. I am sure you will find many familiar faces that share your enthusiasm for the hobby.

Cheers  :)

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline tel

• Bathurst District, NSW, Oz.
Re: Another New Old Hobby Machinist
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »
Welcome Jack
The older I get, the better I was.