Author Topic: Stock car Saturday  (Read 864 times)

Offline 55fairlane

Stock car Saturday
« on: May 26, 2023, 10:52:46 AM »
This one of the cars we sponsor,  last week the 16 year young man who drives this car, was pushed into the wall......bent the subframe, completely wiped out the front end......I came in to a note from the boss about "clipping the car",  I cut stock up and fitted it to the jig, the welders did there thing, while I cut off the old subframe.
I went to our parts house (we build suspension parts,  mainly,  for the racing industry)  adjustable upper control arm mounts were grafted on, slotted shaft control arms were fabled up and we are back in business .
In the top picture you can see a set of slotted shaft upper control arms,  small screw I ball joint (Chrysler style)  .
What ya all think?
Imagination is much more important than knowledge

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Re: Stock car Saturday
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 08:03:46 PM »
Hi

Since no other replies so far ....

I have never owned a car (lack of interest - they are just roadblocks  :mischief: ) - but I have raced Bikes in my youth and still follow MotoGP ....

Some here follow Formula One and others have raced different kind of Cars in their youth ....

Suspension is one of those (kind of) insider things - where they are really High-Tech in Pro Racing - and in the rest of the population isn't even thought off, as long as the Ride is comfy and the wheehicle can pass Inspections .... So did you end there by interest or job oppertunity ?

Best wishes                   :cheers:

Per

Offline 55fairlane

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 08:46:16 PM »
Hi

Since no other replies so far ....

I have never owned a car (lack of interest - they are just roadblocks  :mischief: ) - but I have raced Bikes in my youth and still follow MotoGP ....

Some here follow Formula One and others have raced different kind of Cars in their youth ....

Suspension is one of those (kind of) insider things - where they are really High-Tech in Pro Racing - and in the rest of the population isn't even thought off, as long as the Ride is comfy and the wheehicle can pass Inspections .... So did you end there by interest or job oppertunity ?

Best wishes                   :cheers:

Per

Cars.....raced a 68 Cuda (alcohol injected hemi) 9 sec car.....alchohol funny cars..... hemi powered 55 Fairlane with gasser history..... always wanted to run my kz 1000 at Bonneville....

I'm a horse power junkie!! I read a tachometer like a love novel!

I ended up at the suspension build by a little bit of both.....they needed a journeyman machinist,  I needed a good job.....has worked out well for us.
Imagination is much more important than knowledge

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 12:48:00 PM »
I'm a horse power junkie!! I read a tachometer like a love novel!

I use to say that I was an Adrenaline Junkie in my youth - If the Speed scared you -> you didn't go fast enough -> Open Throttle more and hang on, as you didn't have time to be scared ....  :LittleDevil:

I spend between 45- and 90-minutes training on the local MotoX track, more than 250 days a year back then …. Before I became a Hooligan on the street instead – but that is history nowadays …. :embarassed:

Per

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal