Author Topic: Shelf pet models?  (Read 949 times)

Offline bobh

Shelf pet models?
« on: May 24, 2023, 12:38:31 AM »
Does anyone know what happened to Shelf Pet models? I was thinking about their Frisco standard kits but when I went to look tonight the site was gone. I want to grab one if I still can before they're gone too. Bob

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
Re: Shelf pet models?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 12:55:10 AM »
The last castings I purchased from them was in March 2021 and that was the SF Hercules. Bob said that the kit was incomplete missing the main bearing caps, I told him no problem send it to me anyway. He said that there would not be any more castings made. When I got the kit I noticed that there was no drawings for the ignitor, I inquired about that and never got a response. I  have since designed an ignitor for the engine using photos that I found on the net.

Bob's dad Ed was the creator of all the Shelf Pet models and I think Ed was the business end of the deal. Sadly it seems that this is another supplier that has decided to call it quits. Ed passed away a few years ago. I have a set of Frisco Standard castings on the shelf but not ready to part with them at this time.

Dave

Offline bobh

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 02:29:17 PM »
Does anyone have contact information for the owners of Shelf Pets? Bob

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 02:40:30 PM »
There are phone numbers listed on the Davis' site

http://www.antiquengines.com/Davis_Model_Suppliers_List_.htm

Offline bobh

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 03:13:27 PM »
Just a follow up. Looks like Shelf Pet is done. I bought the last semi complete kit of a Frisco Standard. If you are thinking about getting something grab it while you can, the vendors are dropping fast.
Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal