Author Topic: Alyn Foundry & Sons Ltd  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Alyn Foundry

• North Wales, Great Britain.
Alyn Foundry & Sons Ltd
« on: May 15, 2023, 12:32:57 PM »
I am proud to announce the inauguration of Alyn Foundry & Sons Ltd. I have managed the business on and off since 1982. The 3 boys will take the company into the 21st century with the plethora of modern media/IT platforms that were never available in my day. The company was today registered with Companies house. The famous “ Alyn Foundry “ logo will remain.
I will still be available for any technical assistance, In fact the Alyn Foundry helpline has been open for over 3 decades! Providing support for ours and other companies products whenever needed.
As the company grows we’re hoping to provide online purchasing and a new interactive website that hopefully even I can manage.  :lolb:
Alyn Foundry will still operate on the “ cast to order “ system initially but will carry stock as, when or if demand changes.
The whole range of internal and external combustion engines will be available as time permits. Currently on stock are Gardner “0”. Robinson “X”. Robinson hot air. CHUK 2 and Retlas.
May I take this opportunity to thank all my former customers, many of whom are now operating in the great ethereal workshop and welcome the next, younger generation to the hobby.

There’s always something going on here…. Feel free to join in on the action.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ALYNFOUNDRYMODELS/

:cheers:  Graham.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Alyn Foundry & Sons Ltd
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 12:59:59 PM »
That's good news Graham,

Jo

P.S. Your farcebook group is private so invisible unless you have both a farcebook membership and have been accepted to the group. Is there no setting that would make it visable to non members but only members can post  :noidea:
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 01:14:40 PM »
Good News

The boys would do well to contact the Davis' site and get your details updated and also those of the museum

http://www.antiquengines.com/Davis_Model_Suppliers_List_.htm

Hopefully the RLE will be able to be brought back into production as I think that will still prove to be a good seller, who knows with a set of modern and dare I say it metric drawings it may even appeal to a new younger customer base. The Metric version looks quite good so far. ;)

Offline Alyn Foundry

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 01:38:43 PM »
That's good news Graham,

Jo

P.S. Your farcebook group is private so invisible unless you have both a farcebook membership and have been accepted to the group. Is there no setting that would make it visable to non members but only members can post  :noidea:

It’s not that long ago that I felt the same way about social media Jo, wondering what all the fuss was about. Today is a very different story! There’s so many different groups that cater for just about everything imaginable.

The beauty of FB is that you can join “ incognito “ just set up as “ Surrus Surrus “ for arguments sake and make it up as you go along…. I’m now at the ripe old age of 104 with one of my aliases.  :lolb:

The group being private helps to sort the “ Wheat from the chaff “ and provides a platform where kindred spirits can engage in this very interesting hobby.

Offline Alyn Foundry

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 01:54:02 PM »
Good News

The boys would do well to contact the Davis' site and get your details updated and also those of the museum

http://www.antiquengines.com/Davis_Model_Suppliers_List_.htm

Hopefully the RLE will be able to be brought back into production as I think that will still prove to be a good seller, who knows with a set of modern and dare I say it metric drawings it may even appeal to a new younger customer base. The Metric version looks quite good so far. ;)

Thanks Jason. :ThumbsUp:

The R.L.E. will definitely be brought back once the missing, stolen patterns are replicated for production.

I was never averse to the use of Metric drawings but obviously our earlier scale models were based on designs from 2 centuries ago. Just trying to be in keeping with the times. The daft thing was that when I launched the CHUK range in Metric we had a set of castings sent back to us from a customer because they were Metric!!

Offline michaelr

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 03:42:42 PM »
Graham, Good to hear that Alyn Foundry is all set to go into the future and the RLE will again be produced, the RLE was the first IC engine I built, I didn't know much about hit and miss engines at that time and remember getting in touch with Alyn foundry about something I didn't quite understand which was explained to me, and also being told that most people who build the engines "do their own thing" with them which is what I did and finished up building two RLEs, I had good fun with the RLEs on our local Vintage rally stationary engine line.

All the best with your new venture.
Michaelr
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 07:29:22 PM by michaelr »

Offline RayW

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 03:52:14 PM »
Exciting news Graham and congratulations to you and the boys. I have really appreciated all your advice and encouragement over the past years and long may it continue. Perhaps you should now adopt the title of Product Development  Manager!

Ray

Offline Alyn Foundry

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 05:52:10 PM »
Many thanks to the few….

As previously stated Alyn Foundry does have some kits readily available for sale. If there are any interested parties please contact us via email for the current pricing and availability.

alynfoundry103@gmail.com

I’m much too old for this new fangled stuff….. however we’re also now available on Instagram. Just tap in AlynFoundry

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 06:59:26 PM by Alyn Foundry »

Offline wagnmkr

• Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 06:07:37 PM »
That is good news Graham. Fingers crossed, all goes well.

Tom
I was cut out to be rich ... but ... I was sewn up all wrong!

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2023, 09:46:10 PM »
Congratulations to you and your Sons  :cheers:

I'm sure that you are happy that the Business continues in the Family + that a good number of your Customers are happy that they can buy Kits and get support in the future  :ThumbsUp:

Per

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2023, 01:22:55 AM »
This is great news Graham!
Here's to hoping that Alyn Foundry & Sons is around for many years to come.

Dave

Offline Zephyrin

• near Paris, France
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2023, 08:37:56 AM »
A very good news, nice to see a model engineering business still alive and well...

Offline Alyn Foundry

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2023, 12:26:41 PM »
I’m pleased to announce that Alyn Foundry and Sons Ltd has received its first order. Great news for the boys.

They are currently offering the half scale Gardner 0, the half scale Robinson X and CHUK 2. The half scale Robinson hot air engine. More kits will become available as the year progresses. The R.L.E. will not be far behind as replacement patterns have been made.

If any readers are interested in kits please contact the team at…..    alynfoundry103@gmail.com

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2023, 01:13:00 PM »
Good to hear Graham.

Some more new aluminium patterns should be with you soon ;)

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2023, 09:56:41 AM »
Will this alternative fuelled version of the RLE shown in the latest ME Mag also be available? I presume it runs on beer :Jester:  :cheers: :DrinkPint:

I think a stiff letter to the Editor is needed (written on back of a beer mat)  and you could also mention that the castings will hopefully soon be available again. Also that it may be available in the litre version not just the old Pint one
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 10:15:06 AM by Jasonb »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal