Author Topic: Hello from East Central Missouri USA  (Read 419 times)

Offline JonHarman

Hello from East Central Missouri USA
« on: April 20, 2023, 10:24:38 PM »
JonHarman, a retired shipboard engineer that started Kozo's Pennsy A3 in 2008-9 and then stopped after an injury that kept me out of the upstairs garage small workshop until now. I have been watching Quinn Dunki, Blondihacks work on the A3 boiler and started the bug again. Totally amazed when she pointed out this forum moderator's work and notes. Thank you Kim. I was wondering if I was the only one that was crazy enough to start it. I am up to the completed Tender Frame and maybe half way through the tender tank. You all will hopefully fire this bug up again in my brain.

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
Re: Hello from East Central Missouri USA
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 11:02:57 PM »
Hi Jon!
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, I'm just insane enough to take on this project. At least I was four and a half years ago when I started it!  And I guess no less now since I'm still going.  It's been a great project, or long series of mini-projects really.  I have really enjoyed it.  And now with the boiler behind me, I feel like I'm on the downhill side.  Still quite a ways to go, but I'm going to get there eventually.  I'll just keep plugging away, one part at a time.

I'm also enjoying watching Quinn make the Pennsy boiler.  But I'll have to say, she makes it look all too easy.  Not that it's that hard, it was just a lengthy process!  At least for me!

Hope you decide to share your build progress with us too.  I'd love to see where your at and how it's going for you.
Kim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal