Author Topic: Basingstoke 11th Miniature Steam Gala in UK  (Read 1156 times)

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
Basingstoke 11th Miniature Steam Gala in UK
« on: April 03, 2023, 02:18:38 PM »
The Basingstoke and District Model Engineering Society will be holding the 11th Miniature Steam Gala on the weekend 15/16 April 2023.

Gates open between 10am and 4:30pm at the Viables Craft Centre, The Harrow Way, Basingstoke, RG22 4BJ on the 15 and 16th April

There is always a large gathering of traction engines, in steam, as well as model locos hauling passengers around their large permanent track. Sometimes, there are also one or two trade stands.

If the weather is dry, I will bring a small gazebo to display some of my i/c engines, but not if it's wet.

If anyone else wants to bring their own gazebo and display some engines, then contact Austin Lewis at   arlewis01@gmail.com    but do it soon.

See you there?

Mike   :D :D :D
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Basingstoke 11th Miniature Steam Gala in UK
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 03:52:33 PM »
I'm thinking about going as a visitor

Not sure which day yet. Probably Sunday to avoid the Saturday shopping traffic and so I can keep an eye on my Saturday gardener  ::)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 04:03:32 PM »
I've not been for a few years. Mike could they not find room for you within the building, usually quite a few models in there then no need to worry about the weather.

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 04:18:21 PM »
I've not been for a few years. Mike could they not find room for you within the building, usually quite a few models in there then no need to worry about the weather.

Jason,

If you have not been there for a few years, you will not know they have not been able to afford to hire the hall (building) for the last three or four years. It's all out in the open these days; hence weather dependant.

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 09:07:55 AM »
Neither Mike or I made it to the Basingstoke show yesterday due to "damp underfoot conditions" which as we all know causes models to rust   :facepalm: Instead Mike, and his wife Sonia, came to visit and we had a very nice afternoon with a workshop visit, discussing our various models completed/underway and some other hobbies   :cartwheel: :pinkelephant:

Thanks for the visit Mike, it is always inspirational to talk to other model engineers and to see their amazing work "in the metal" 8)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal