About MEM > Introduce Yourself

Hi from Honeoye Falls USA

(1/3) > >>

BillB:
Hi From Honeoye Falls!

I've been reading the forum for a few years now.  Soon after I signed up we started a move from Texas to New York.  It's been a long and drawn out move through the pandemic and the housing circus but we finally scored a house in Honeoye Falls and are in the process of getting the workshop set up again.  The plan was to put the shop in one of the finished rooms in the basement but the cabinets do not fit through that door so it's in a corner of the unfinished section until the door is sorted out.

When I first got back into machining I started a Galloway.  After realizing that this was too ambitious, I built a Chucky by following the fantastic plans and build logs on this site.  I hope to do one of the simpler steam engine casting kits next and then get back to the Galloway.  It will move along a bit slower than most builds on this site because I'm still working full time and, well, I work a bit slower in the shop.

Thanks everything this forum is about!

-bill

crueby:
Hi Bill, welcome to the forum!  I'm pretty close to you, over in North Chili on the west side of Rochester.

Chris

vtsteam:
Welcome Bill! I'm a fair bit east of you....
Admiring your shop space!  :cheers:

RReid:
Hi Bill, and welcome!

I traveled to Honeoye Falls a number of times in my working days. GM had a "secret" R&D facility there. The sign at the road said "Something (I've forgotten what) Carriage Works. The locals knew exactly what it was though, not very secret at all. I think it's closed now, they moved it back to Warren, MI years ago. Is there stilll a good brew pub type place at the falls?

BillB:
Hi Chris, Steve, and Ron,

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

My wife and I went down Carriage street but we couldn't figure out what the story behind it was.  There is a brewery there now and I think they have divided parts of it up for small business.  Right across the street is an Aluminum Foundry that I want to check out too.  We did go through Chili while house hunting but all the houses there were moving too fast to get a clean shot at. 

-bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version