About MEM > Introduce Yourself

ValveGear Constructor

(1/1)

VGC:
Dear members,

most model (steam locomotive) engineers aim to own a model steam locomotive. For me it's a little different as I am passionately focused on two demanding fields of steam locomotive technologies, one of which is the design and optimization of steam locomotive valve gears.

After doing this for many months in MS Excel, years ago I decided to start from new and build an online program that not simply returns diagram data of manually calculated valve gear dimensions but that optimizes the detailed dimensions itself and that still allows to override each optimized geometry to simulate any given real non-optimal valve gear too.
So when designing a new valve gear using the program, you get near-optimal results within minutes, and when modeling an existing valve gear with some effort using the program's abilities, you easily can see what to change to optimize it.

In the last years, I finally could work on the more detailed program features and make it a more and more comfortable tool.

For more advantages, watch the scrolling text on the main program website www.constructor.valvegear.de/en/ .

Best regards
VGC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version