General Category > Chatterbox

Prescription Safety Glasses,,, who do you go to?

(1/6) > >>

steamer:
I have a script, and a basic style of frame i want.     What I want is an optometrist who actually will listen and act on what I want.....in Massachusetts

Dave

samc88:
I wear glasses full time and much prefer overglasses even in work (favourite brand Ive found is uvex), I really dislike the side protection on prescription ones, messes with my peripheral vision

Vixen:
Unless you get the boss to pay a lot of money, most prescription safety glasses come with plastic lenses and side protection shields . The plastic lenses scratch and mark very easily especially if you use them near a scotchbrite polishing spindle. Plastic safety lenses don't last long in a workshop environment, glass lenses last longer but the elf and safety guys don't always agree glass lenses are safe.   :shrug:

I wear prescription glasses full time and like Sam I prefer to use overglasses during workshop time. They are a lot cheaper to throw away than a new pair of prescription glasses.

Mike

springcrocus:
I can't get on with any of the overglasses and now just slip on one of those full-face visors that all the shop assistants use. They don't interfere with my spectacles, are dirt-cheap and offer better all-round protection from swarf, grinding dust etc than safety glasses.
Regards, Steve

crueby:

--- Quote from: springcrocus on February 01, 2023, 11:33:15 PM ---I can't get on with any of the overglasses and now just slip on one of those full-face visors that all the shop assistants use. They don't interfere with my spectacles, are dirt-cheap and offer better all-round protection from swarf, grinding dust etc than safety glasses.
Regards, Steve

--- End quote ---
Me too - Uvex makes a great shield with anti-fog plastic (thats an option, they sell same setup without that). Great for operations that are spraying chips/dust. Also have some plexiglass panels that I tape/prop up on the front of the mill and lathe to deflect the worst of the chips from clothes/face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version