General Category > Chatterbox

Snowscape

(1/4) > >>

vtsteam:
I've seen a lot of snows here but the one that fell last night was particularly beautiful. Just thought I'd share views in different directions from the porch this morning:

A7er:
That is an amazing scene to watch change with the seasons. Have you thought about setting up a fixed camera mount and taking one or two pictures each day for a year to turn into a movie? I would enjoy watching it.
Lee

Davyboy:
Great pics.  We got 6 - 10 inches here in Wisconsin yesterday.  It always looks nicer after the plowing is done.  I like the John Deere.  I'm envious of your location, both locally and regionally.  Is that in Vermont, vtsteam?  I've never been to the northeast, someplace I'd like to visit.
Davy

RReid:
Beautiful! I miss scenes like that, but not the cold or the shoveling!

vtsteam:
Thanks Lee, Davy, Ron.  :cheers: Truly unusual is that the snow is still on the trees again this morning. Usually wind or rising temps destroys that type of attachment fairly quickly. It only happens rarely like that, with each individual branch distinct. A combination of wet sleet cooling and forming a rough surface on the twigs first, then fluffy light snow sticking to that and building up over many hours.

Lee, I hadn't thought about photographing each day and making a movie here. Sounds like a neat idea. So much to do here, though, I think just a once in awhile photo will be the best I can do.

Davy, yes it is Vermont... the very southeastern corner. Somehow I imagine Wisconsin must be similar, but I don't really know, as, well, like you, I've never been there!

Ron, I'm with you on the cold...I seem to be getting more "allergic" to it with each passing year! But this is home. Built it myself -- even cut trees and sawed the wood for it, so hard to imagine leaving it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version