Author Topic: Workshop Flooding  (Read 2341 times)

Online Twizseven

Re: Workshop Flooding
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2023, 09:54:08 AM »
Mike,
Sorry to hear of your fall.  Hope you are not out of action for too long.

I used to suffer when we had heavy rain until laid one of those grid topped drains across the front of the garage.  Managed to find soak-away and route it to that.  Occasionally before drain fitted the water would run all way down one edge of the garage under all the machinery.  As I had a 4ft deep long pit to work under the cars I used to route the water into that.  It acted as giant sump and could then pump/bucket it empty.

Colin

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2023, 11:31:42 AM »
Thanks everyone, seems this old guy is not safe to be let out of the house alone. :help:

I have to agree with Jo, it was a daft thing to do, especially this week, when our ambulance drivers and nurses are taking strike action. Our Health Service is in a shambles.

Lucky, I did not break my hip, I could have been laying on that footpath on the side of a steep wooded hill for some time, until some other walker happened by. I probably dislocated the shoulder, it popped back in place overnight and I have much more mobility today.

As John Stevens would have said, "Clumsy bugger!!!"

Mike
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 11:35:29 AM by Vixen »
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2023, 11:32:00 AM »
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this Mike!...I've experienced a fall before and it's no fun at all.   Go easy ....heal up!   

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline AVTUR

• West of England
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2023, 12:29:42 PM »
Mike

Get better soon and avoid ice. I hate the stuff. We need people like you.

Workshops are generally safer but I know nothing about flooding.

All the best
AVTUR
There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Offline vtsteam

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2023, 01:30:43 PM »
Lucky, I did not break my hip, I could have been laying on that footpath on the side of a steep wooded hill for some time, until some other walker happened by. I probably dislocated the shoulder, it popped back in place overnight and I have much more mobility today.

Good to hear the shoulder re-located overnight. Still sore I bet.  :paranoia:

I don't particularly like cell phones myself, but important to have for an emergency like a fall out of sight. I work in the woods here with chainsaw and tractor, so it's essential. For that a flip phone dials faster and easier than a smartphone.
Steve

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2023, 01:42:45 PM »
Workshops are generally safer but I know nothing about flooding.
All the best
AVTUR

Neither do I apparently :embarassed: I've been fighting my leak for years, without success.   :headscratch:

Mike       AVGAS mostly.

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2023, 01:49:39 PM »

I don't particularly like cell phones myself, but important to have for an emergency like a fall out of sight. I work in the woods here with chainsaw and tractor, so it's essential. For that a flip phone dials faster and easier than a smartphone.

Hello Steve,
Good point about cell phones and emergency situations. I usually carry (but not yesterday) my smart phone in my hip pocket. It would have got smashed, for sure, yesterday.

Mike

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2023, 04:00:10 PM »
So thank God for small mercies - the shoulder going back in place by itself and you not destroying your phone ....

One of my long departed friends use to carry his mobile in a small leather bag/holder sitting on the side of his belt. This was reasonably safe place and close at hand if needed (unless you break your hand or fingers).
I will agree that the previous (non-smart-) mobiles, like my first two Ericsons in metal housing, where virtually indestructable  :hammerbash: - but no one makes something like this anymore (needs to work on modern GSM standards).

Per

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal