Engines > From Plans

Mills 1.3

(1/12) > >>

Ghosty:
Hi All,
I looked into making a Mills 1.3 engine as they are getting very hard to get.
Found a web site with plans https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=13735
Printed the plans out and studied for a few hours. Have found many mistakes in downloaded plans in the past.
Found a mistake, width of the starter block for the crankcase was marked at 1-9/16" wide. on plans the width of the crankcase is total of 1.654" a difference of 0.0915".
After double checking dimensions, I checked on what I had at hand. I had enough to get started with.
First got the material cut, then squared up and sized the block for crankcase.
Then marked out and drilled 4 holes for the mounting lugs, then drilled and tapped the 4 holes for the cylinder mounting.
Will move on to crankcase machining tomorrow.
Cheers
Andrew

Kim:
Looks like a fun little engine to make.  Hopefully, the errors in the drawings won't be too much of a distraction.   :popcorn:

Kim

Ghosty:
Hi All,
Started the machining of the crankcase, setup, trued and centered, machined crankshaft pocket and bore, and threaded for backplate, thread is listed at 26TPI, as I can't cut imperial threads on my lathe, I used a 1mm pitch and the dia listed on the plans.
Then rotated the case, trued and centered then machined the cylinder bore.
Then moved to the mill, machined conrod relief, exhaust ports, and transfer port.
Will now move on to machining the outside or the case.
Cheers
Andrew

Admiral_dk:
Looks like a good start to a fine little Classic Engine  :ThumbsUp:

Will follow with interest  :cheers:    :popcorn:

Per

Roger B:
That's off to a good start  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: I will be following along  :wine1:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version