Supporting > My Workshop

More Light!

(1/3) > >>

Kim:
Today I finally got around to updating my shop lighting.  One of my 8’ fluorescent fixtures went out a few weeks ago, which probably means it needs a new ballast or something. But rather than put any money into the old fluorescent fixtures I purchased a new 8’ LED fixture.

And while I was at it, I purchased an additional two of them to add some lighting in areas that have been a little lacking in light – like one over the table saw/paint area and one over my assembly bench.  I considered replacing all the fluorescent fixtures at this time but that would have doubled my cost.  So I decided to leave those till they die.  They are 10 years newer than the one that recently croaked – that’s the one I put in when we first moved here.  I thought one 8’ bright fixture like that was a monstrous amount of light!  Over the years I’ve added more.  Everything in the last 5-6 years has been LED.  But any expansion before that was florescent (unfortunately.  Though it did make sense at the time).

Anyway, my son was on leave this week and helped me remove the dead light and add the new three LED fixtures.  Now I’ve got a TON of light!  I love it!

Almost have to put sunglasses on to walk into the shop  8)

Kim

fumopuc:
Hi Kim.
WOW
I am jealous.

Jo:
Good move  8)

I keep promising myself to do this then I talk myself out of it by saying the Fluorescents also provide heat as well as light which we need in winter and I still have 10 more spare bulbs  :Doh:

Jo

simplyloco:
I put three LED battens in my workshop a couple of years ago. The improvement was nothing short of miraculous!

PJPickard:
Light is good! But it also nice to see a bigger view of your shop!

Your title made me think of one of my favorite TV show scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg8pN4GjvxI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version