Author Topic: A square rotary table  (Read 3632 times)

Offline springcrocus

• Steve's Britannia
Re: A square rotary table
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2023, 08:05:01 AM »
Thank you Frank.  :cheers: I'll post some pics in a different thread at some point. Sounds funny, but I actually don't have a good pic of the whole finished lathe (yet), because I can't back up very far in my tiny workshop to get it all in! I do have a lot of pics of the construction sequence  back when I built it, but mostly that's casting and machining the individual parts. I'll see what I can do, if there's enough interest.
Steve, there's nothing like a good story and I'm sure everyone here would love to follow your project. Because it's a bit different, we will all pick up some hints and tips along the way. If you start a thread, I'm in.  :popcorn:
Regards, Steve
Member of a local model engineers society
www.stevesbritannia.co.uk

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2023, 03:52:00 PM »
I'd certainly love to see it, Steve. Sounds fascinating!  :)

Kim

Offline vtsteam

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2023, 09:03:19 PM »
Ron, Steve, Kim, thanks. I will then.... it will take a day or two. House plumbing repairs today and tomorrow after a vicious cold snap last night. (-18F). Burnt out water pump, frozen pipes etc.

I'll try to get new photos of the lathe -- maybe from the bench opposite. :cheers:
Steve

Offline RReid

• Northern California
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2023, 12:44:51 AM »
Burnt out water pump, frozen pipes etc.
That doesn't sound like any fun at all. Hope you don't have too much trouble ( end expense) getting things repaired and squared away.
Regards,
Ron

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2023, 01:41:56 AM »
Sorry to hear about the frozen pipes and such problems.  We were down to 22F a few nights this week,  but all these huge minus F temps put that to shame! :(

Kim

Offline vtsteam

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2023, 10:16:48 PM »
Thanks Ron, Kim, the house is finally back in order.....and water. I've started a thread about building the lathe here.
Steve

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal