Author Topic: Broken Youtube links  (Read 4713 times)

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
Broken Youtube links
« on: December 07, 2022, 11:47:51 AM »
Hi all,

It's been brought to my attention that there are issues with a large number of Youtube video links in the forum. Specifically, it appears to affect any YT link that has been pasted directly into the message... the system is stripping the YT URL from the link & just leaving the video ID as a series of random letters & numbers....

YT videos added using the [youtube ][/ youtube] markers (if you clicked the little youtube icon above the smileys) are unaffected; and if you want to add a link to your YT video, that is currently the only way to successfully do it - until I find & eliminate the problem with existing URLs.

In the mean time, I'd recommend you do NOT try to edit existing posts with broken YT links, as I intend to find a way to fix them "en mass". However, any recent posts, do feel free to amend; simply surround your YT video ID with the tags generated from the YT button above, and save.

Note that when I fix the problem, you should be able to go back to using either method to embed video links.

Apologies for the inconvenience; I will try to restore order as soon as possible. In the meantime, here are some funny cats:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iC_q_3Oh6A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iC_q_3Oh6A</a>
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
Fixed! Youtube links
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 08:44:59 AM »
Hi all,

YouTube (and others) embedded links should be working again now; apologies for the inconvenience.

Please do let us know if you're still missing any video links.

Cheers!
Ade.
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal