Author Topic: Morrison and Marvin model builders vise bronze kit  (Read 566 times)

Offline ronitbobo85

Morrison and Marvin model builders vise bronze kit
« on: December 02, 2022, 05:07:58 AM »
Hello guys, newly registered but have in the past visited the site many times!

I had a question if anyone of you guys encountered the model builders vise by Morrison and Marvin to be ever produced in bronze castings? I have one in 4140 casting and wanted another as a spare recently. I was told a few months back that they only had dead stock left so better hurry If I wanted another. I missed out and it went out of stock. But luckily they found 2 kits and I bought them but did not know they were in bronze until I opened up the package. I wonder if these were the first runs but never sold until they were cast in 4140 steel

I did try to ask them about the bronze castings but no reply :-(.

Thanks
Ron
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 01:24:41 AM by ronitbobo85 »

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
Re: Morrison and Marvin model builders vise bronze kit
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 06:11:18 PM »
The bronze castings were made right along with the steel ones and most likely in very small numbers.
It is my understanding that, at this time all the castings in both materials have been sold. A recent YouTube video by Mr. Pete created some interest in the Vise and the remaining inventory got purchased quite rapidly.
Due to the extremely long lead times and high costs of the castings, it is unlikely that there will be any more produced.

Dave

Offline ronitbobo85

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 07:28:52 PM »
Thanks Dave, I might have contributed to the remaining kits being sold off so quickly as I commented that only dead stock remained. I guess the brass kit is more rare than the cast iron one. I plan on keeping one brass kit and trading the other for a 4150 kit if anyone has one or is willing to trade or sell their 4140 kit.

Thanks
Ron

Offline ronitbobo85

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 08:14:30 AM »
Got a message from Luella Morrison on the bronze kits. She said that the first model builders vise prototypes were cast in bronze. She stated that they are very rare and were the only kits left and that’s what I got.

Ron
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 11:22:07 AM by ronitbobo85 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal