Author Topic: Using Dropbox Images  (Read 2645 times)

Online Twizseven

Re: Using Dropbox Images
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 05:57:45 PM »
I would rather use Dropbox if I could but I do not understand why it is not working.  I pay for a reasonable amount of space on there.

All my pictures are shown on here as 640x480 pixels

Colin

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2022, 06:32:46 PM »
I've never thought of Dropbox as an image hosting site, it's more a way of sharing files (including image files) with people by giving them the links rather than using a link (url) in a post so it shows images.

I just use the free Dropbox as I don't use it much just to have a few sets of my drawings for people to download or sharing the odd large file that won't fit an e-mail but even that I tend to do with Wetransfer these days.

ME website does reduce the images down when you upload so they are not massive.

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2022, 07:28:10 PM »
Dropbox is mainly meant for transferring files between users, serving out images to forums to any user anywhere is a different kind of service - Dropbox wants to have things shared between members of their service, or at least go through an invite process. Sharing photos from there to a forum doesn't fit their usage model.

Offline vtsteam

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2022, 09:03:43 PM »
Twizseven, since you pay for space, I wonder if it is permissable, and if you had tried the method mentioned here on the Dropbox site?

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Create-upload-and-share/How-to-share-photos-from-Dropbox/td-p/235974

It seems to say you can embed images if the end of the photo link url is changed from dl=0 to raw=1 but you'd have to get the link through their method. Dunno, if it would work -- you'd have to try it and see.
Steve

Online Twizseven

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2022, 10:18:55 PM »
vtsteam,
I'll have a look at that and see what happens.  I know when I first started using Dropbox I did use my photos on here, but they had a option called "Public" which did work but then ceased.
Colin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal