Author Topic: compressed air distributor  (Read 634 times)

Offline Michael S.

• Germany, Saxony-Anhalt, Magdeburg
compressed air distributor
« on: November 26, 2022, 12:11:02 PM »
Hello, everyone,

I had to rebuild my air station for model steam exhibitions. At the last event, the whole thing fell out of my hand and was destroyed.
But the wood was fine. Only the plastic valves are broken, the pressure gauge is defective.
There are fancy pneumatic valves with fine control, but they are very expensive. Normal shut-off valves for direct connection to the hose are available in packs of five for little money.
The downside is they have to be clamped between the hose.
Since the pipe for distribution was already available with an M 6 thread, I made transition parts from aluminum that are inserted into the valves. Instead of hose. Surprisingly, it holds up securely.
However, since the valves still wobble back and forth, the upper connection parts are made in such a way that they can be wedged between wood. The test was great, everything tight.
How did you set up your air distributor?

Michael

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: compressed air distributor
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 01:34:58 PM »
This is what I use. The black bar is a manifold I bought online, with standard compressor quick-connect fittings that shut off if no connect inserted in them. There is a cheap compressor regulator on the inlet to adjust the pressure, and I put needle valves on the inlet of each model so they can adjust speed and start/stop individually. Not very fancy looking but it works.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal