Author Topic: Building a Redwing  (Read 13976 times)

Offline vtsteam

Re: Building a Redwing
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2023, 03:28:23 PM »
The rod looks really nice Twixseven!  :ThumbsUp: :popcorn: :cheers:
Steve

Offline ettingtonliam

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2023, 10:43:55 PM »
Lets not talk about cars on here, especially EVs. Its destroying MECH, and I wouldn't like the same to happen here.

Offline springcrocus

• Steve's Britannia
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2023, 08:05:24 AM »
Lets not talk about cars on here, especially EVs. Its destroying MECH, and I wouldn't like the same to happen here.
:ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:
Regards, Srteve
Member of a local model engineers society
www.stevesbritannia.co.uk

Offline simplyloco

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2023, 08:38:45 AM »

Agreed!
Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” ― Socrates

Offline TimB

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2023, 11:05:50 AM »

Thirded!!!  :zap:

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2023, 01:12:04 PM »
Oh dear I feel you may be here under false pretences, the Chatterbox section has some quite active topics on here so you will be able to discuss engineering topics such as gardening, bird watching, embroidery, etc at least cars are mildly engineering related and the OP does have a Caterham as his Avitar.  :LittleDevil:

With this being a predominately engine building forum you will find it hard to avoid some discussion of the cars (and boats, etc) that these engines were fitted in. We even have builds of model cars on here be it just running chassis or complete with bodywork. I would not like to see long established members feeling they can't discuss subjects they always have in the past.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 01:50:28 PM by Jasonb »

Offline ettingtonliam

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2023, 02:08:15 PM »
I've been a regular reader and occasional contributer on here, in the kits and castings section for a number of years, and haven't noticed any deep 'car' discussions. I'm just happy that the discussions on here are good natured and would like to see it stay that way.

If you think I'm here under false pretences----?

Offline vtsteam

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2023, 05:43:41 PM »
I believe the intended meaning was assumptions rather than pretenses.
Steve

Online Twizseven

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2023, 11:57:01 AM »
Seem to have come to a bit of a halt on this.  I am waiting for some stock and also some soft jaws for a new chuck, but i think I am just using these as excuses.

A very good friend committed suicide just before Christmas, having been got at via phone and emails by scammers.  This was followed by the doctor calling me urgently after some blood tests to go for MRI scan and Biopsy for possible Prostate Cancer.  I only went in for a blood pressure checkup and I asked them to do a PSA test whilst they were at it.  Currently waiting for results.  This was a bit of a shock having had no symptoms.  Just long wait now for results but keeping figures crossed for reasonable result.

Colin

Offline vtsteam

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2023, 04:46:09 PM »
Colin, very sad news about your friend, and on top of that your sudden health worries. Don't worry about project delays, etc. they aren't important, unless providing a means of getting your mind off of difficulties. Hoping for the best in your own medical situation. False positives are common to PSA tests, they are not highly reliable that way, and follow up tests may contra-indicate. Definitely feeling for you, and hoping for the best.
Steve

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2023, 05:04:32 PM »
What Steve said.

The shop will be there when it's a good distraction and when you're ready.

Sorry to hear about your friend.  That is very tragic.

Hoping the best for you and your medical tests, Colin.

Kim

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2023, 06:07:53 PM »
Steve and Kim has already said it better than I can - but I can add my well wishes - so I will hope for an easy and problem free treatment for you.

I know a few that has been through the procedure and came through with just the inconveniance of wearing 'Dipers' from a few weeks to about seven months (the time it takes for the 'new muscles' to be trained to close the Hose again ....

Best wishes

Per

Online Twizseven

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2023, 06:22:13 PM »
Steve, Kim, Per,

Many thanks for your thoughts and kind words, much appreciated.

Regards,

Colin

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2023, 06:59:56 PM »
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Colin. Other members on the Forum have been hit much harder by immediate family members doing the same  :(

I am still getting over finding out my PhD supervising Professor "Pete", who also became a very close friend, was one of those who passed on during the first Covid lock down during 2020. Life can be  :censored:

Forgot to mention 50% of all fellas have prostate cancer by the time they reach their 80's. For the vast majority most won't ever know about it and it will not be what finally calls time.

Jo
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 07:07:08 PM by Jo »
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline ettingtonliam

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2023, 02:01:09 PM »
Don't worry too much about the blood test result, the PSA test is notoriously unreliable.

I got diagnosed with prostate cancer 7 years ago, following a biopsy taken during a TERPS procedure to free up my urinary tract.  All the 'celebrities' who've had it and written about it in the media seem to have opted for surgical removal which seems gruesome to me. I opted for radiotherapy, so no Tena' pants or anything like that. It just involves taking tablets for 3 months to shrink the prostate, followed  by attending hospital 5 days a week for 7 weeks, for totally painless radiotherapy 'shot' taking about 15 minutes. Several times it took longer to get parked than it did to have the treatment! It isn't the 100% guarantee cure that the surgical method is, but after 7 years, my PSA reading is still 0.01, which is pretty good.

Anyway, fingers crossed for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal