Supporting > Additive Machining

Bespoke heated and insulated cabinet for a resin 3D printer.

(1/5) > >>

A7er:
OK, I own up. It's not actually a cabinet, it's the cardboard box the wash and cure machine came in. But it is heated, with a 60 watt desk lamp. And the insulation consists of 2 travel rugs slung over the top and draped down the sides. but when the temp in the house was hovering around 60 ish yesterday and I didn't want the central heating on, the temp in the cabinet was 90 plus. I thought that was a bit high so I went shopping today for a 25 or 40 watt bulb, you remember, the old ones that got really hot. No luck. I could either have led or one of those fireglow bulbs, which was 60 watt.

If I can't get a lower wattage bulb I will have to introduce ventilation. An 'ole in it.

Lee

crueby:
Rig up a thermostat to turn the light on and off?   :noidea:

A7er:
Is there such a thermostat? I have a plug in timer that could switch the light on and off say every ten to fifteen minutes, but I thought that might damage the bulb.

A7er:
I have searched the net and there are plug in thermostats available. They start at about £12 and go up in price, some even have a remote control. I have aslo seen a 40 watt electric heater from Toolstation.

PJPickard:
I made my box from foam core and have a 60 watt bulb(real bulb!) on a dimmer. I also have a scavenged fan from an old computer to circulate the air. Also a cheap thermometer so I look at the temp and adjust the dimmer. It seems to work. I actually bought a bunch of parts to automate it but I haven't got to that...for a couple years!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version